Milky May

I've only got two milk soaps, both donkey, La Savonnire du moulin and Signature Soaps - Capra, I'm not saying that would be a hardship but only two soaps for the month of May.
Sod it, I'm in! :)

Milky may it is!

Good lad! I only had two until I bought in Haslinger. No real excuses as Fat February was just one the one soap ... I didn't use the (very good) pretender.

Hurrah! Having thought I was gonna have to sit this one out on account of not having any milky soaps, I have just spotted "caprae lac" on the back of my art-is-anal E&S Azur and Oasis soaps that I just got from ATG. I take it that is goat milk, so it looks like I've inadvertently been doing milky May anyway, and all the excuse I need to use these nice soaps for the rest of the month.

I bought some Savonniere du Moulin for the first time to join in with Milky May!!! Looking forward to trying it!

Can I just say yourshaving.com is absolutely insanely fast. It got to me faster FROM SPAIN than lots of stuff reaches me from the UK!! 10/10!!!

I bought some Savonniere du Moulin for the first time to join in with Milky May!!! Looking forward to trying it!

Can I just say yourshaving.com is absolutely insanely fast. It got to me faster FROM SPAIN than lots of stuff reaches me from the UK!! 10/10!!!
You will love La Savonnire du moulin, a wonderful soap! :)

Paul.

Brill!

I can only echo @Blademonkey that I find it a superb soap, too. Lovin' my month so far (largely) with the moulin ...

question , is " monsavon au lait " acceptable ? ingredeints list includes "sine adipe lac " . a form of non fat dry milk from mammals according to the interwebs , what mammal that is , is anyones guess ..

The pig-Latin translation is "milk without fat" ... and yes, used in cosmetics quite broadly. Cow's Milk appears to be the origin. Yeah, that's in! Thing is, we don't know what processing is involved for any of the other lac that we see listed in shaving soap ingredients.

Milk is milk ... I didn't think too deeply about source or process.

Of course, the milk of human kindness is not actually milk ... and while many artisans will pour this into their soaps by the bucket-load, it's still not milk.

How's the Milky month of May going, chaps?

I've found my groove with BeeClean at the weekends and alternating Savonniere du Moulin and Haslinger Schafmilch week on week for weekdays. Whether my mug is getting softer and silker as a result, I'm not sure ...

Back
Top Bottom