Moisturiser advice please

Hello all,

So back when it was early in my shaving days (before I transferred over to the DE magical shave!) I had a Quick Look online to see recommended things to buy and this moisturiser made an appearance, so I bought some.
Once I have shaved I I’ll often put a cold wet towel on my face then pat dry and put some of the attached on. I am now running out and wondered if there was something similar that was potentially better for my sensitive skin or whether this is still recommended? Equally is there any more steps you would employ to really look after the skin?
Thankyou so much for your advice!

Attachments

• IMG_8580.jpeg
    IMG_8580.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 13
A superb value for money are also Bart's balms found both on Amazon and Bart's own website. Bart is a member here if you want to ask any question @BartsBalm
You can get the sample pack before deciding which scent to go with next. Recently Bart has also released matching eau de parfum scents.
What I really like about these balms is that they don't leave the skin greasy. They get easily absorbed and hydrate the skin very well. Definitely worth considering.
Also, if you shave in the morning what I found to make quite a positive impact on the shaves is to moisturise before sleep.

A superb value for money are also Bart's balms found both on Amazon and Bart's own website. Bart is a member here if you want to ask any question @BartsBalm
You can get the sample pack before deciding which scent to go with next. Recently Bart has also released matching eau de parfum scents.
What I really like about these balms is that they don't leave the skin greasy. They get easily absorbed and hydrate the skin very well. Definitely worth considering.
Also, if you shave in the morning what I found to make quite a positive impact on the shaves is to moisturise before sleep.
I will have a look at these guys, thankyou!

Hello all,

So back when it was early in my shaving days (before I transferred over to the DE magical shave!) I had a Quick Look online to see recommended things to buy and this moisturiser made an appearance, so I bought some.
Once I have shaved I I’ll often put a cold wet towel on my face then pat dry and put some of the attached on. I am now running out and wondered if there was something similar that was potentially better for my sensitive skin or whether this is still recommended? Equally is there any more steps you would employ to really look after the skin?
Thankyou so much for your advice!
To be honest I've used them all, from very expensive to cheap. My two go to moisturisers now are Aldi day or night cream both are fantastic (I kid you not, this stuff is brilliant when you can get it) or The Ordinary skincare range. Both are non greasy on my skin and a little goes a long way.... if you have sensitive skin avoid a toner and try a serum (after washing and before moisturising). The ordinary again do two both of which are great. Patch test first time be sure (a dab on the skin so your checking there's no reaction). Just my routine, I wouldn't over complicate it. Whatever you do, try it for a month, (unless you get an adverse reaction) if you do stop immediate. Do not use clinical toners they will strip your skin ( I know from experience) my wife ended up using it as nail polish remover. I'm no expert, but have been using skincare products for over 30 years now. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Back
Top Bottom