My Progress so far ...

Hi everyone

I'm a newbie to DE shaving having just received goodies from Connaught shaving (really fast service I highly recommend them!). My starter kit is:
Merkur Progress
Feather+Gillette 7 O'clock+Bolsano blades
D R Harris Arlington Cream
D R Harris Marlborough Cream
Coates Ltd Edition Cream
Proraso shave cut gel

I'll try and post a photo soon, but wanted to say hello and how happy I was to find a shave forum based in the UK so I don't have to spend all my time at B&B. No that doesn't stand for Bed and Breakfast :D

Steve

Thanks for the welcome, as for the brush ..

at the minute its a horrendous cheapo Culmak with variable loft haha. If I'd discovered this forum sooner I might've gone for one of Fidos New Forest brushes, for now, I do have this luverly brush on the way from Shavemac in imitation ivory with a flat top:

http://www.shavemac.com/shop/products/Shaving-Brushes/Specials/Innovative-Designs.html

hopefully receive it by the end of next week

So yeah, I've kinda overspent on the spondoolicks but I couldn't resist, and that was before buying a Freestyle Lather mug from Oskar at Schwarzweisskeramik and the coveted Mergress from Lee's earlier today! Whoops! Hey what else is money for, right?

Let the fun begin

Hi Steve. Welcome to TSR.

Don't fret about using your current brush. Before i got into this properly, i had been using A Wilkinson Sword brush with the matching Blue Bowl soap...for a year or so! (Still try the blue bowl once in a while, it's not as bad as all that - though i know Hunnymonster would disagree :lol: but there is so much better out there!)

Enjoy.

Hi Steve. That's some pretty nice stuff to get started with. Not sure where you'd go after that but you'll have fun finding out and there's plenty of people here to encourage you.

hunnymonster said:
AJP said:
(Still try the blue bowl once in a while, it's not as bad as all that - though i know Hunnymonster would disagree :lol: but there is so much better out there!)

No, I agree it's not as bad as all that - it's considerably worse. It's like trying to lather up a hard cheese.

Hmm, i had heard Wensleydale is rather cushioning.... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom