netflix recommendations

FIFA uncovered, I've been watching this, utterly mental. Always suspected FIFA were dodgy, but didn't realise the level of it, staggeringly corrupt. Sepp Blatter is a horrible little man. I wasn't going to watch much of the world cup this year, now I'll avoid it all together.

It's an excellent documentary. One of the better things I've seen on Netflix.

I'm watching 1899 at the moment, rather enjoying it :)
Yes, it twists and turns and is full of surprises, I hope it all becomes clear at the end.

Wake up!

Edit: watched to the end, it was well worth staying with it, a little treat for all you David Bowie fans right at the end!
I will say no more, I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone.

Paul.

Last edited:
Here's something novel:

Triviaverse

It's not a series, but a series of questions! It's an interactive quiz on Netflix which you can play in two player mode, or on your own.

I said it was novel. But there was 'Bamboozle!' on Teletext in the '90s which was not dissimilar.

Not Fletnix but I rather enjoyed ‘SAS: Rogue Heroes’ or alternatively, ‘Mad Bastards in the Dessert’.

Jack Ryan on Prime Rump is worth a watch and I chanced upon perhaps my least favourite movie ever, Where Art Thou Brother Motherfucker or summat like that. All I understood from that was Clooney likes hair pomade.

Was glued to Breaking Bad and binge watched the whole shebang with Matron during the first lockdown. Crikey, I thought she was going to start her own meth lab out back! Honestly, ruddy woman’s a menace….

Hiya,

No idea how many members watch Asian movies using english subtitles. There's a few series I quite liked, with very good story lines and engrossing characters.

First one's Midnight Diner (Japanese) and it's about a very small restaurant open only from midnight to 7am. There's a couple different season series so watch em in order if possible.

Next one is Korean and called Prison Playbook. Great characters and writers. Not an especially feel good kinda thing but there's a bunch of touching scenes throughout.

Martin

Currently watching wild wild country

Interesting, very interesting especially as it's about new age spirituality guru and his movement from India to America

I swear it's a crazy storyline, madness! Lol

Hiya,

No idea how many members watch Asian movies using english subtitles. There's a few series I quite liked, with very good story lines and engrossing characters.

First one's Midnight Diner (Japanese) and it's about a very small restaurant open only from midnight to 7am. There's a couple different season series so watch em in order if possible.

Next one is Korean and called Prison Playbook. Great characters and writers. Not an especially feel good kinda thing but there's a bunch of touching scenes throughout.

Martin

I notice that in the UK, Prison Playbook is available on Netflix only until January 22nd. It's available on Amazon Prime too though.

Back
Top Bottom