New convert. Well half convert. I'm working on it

Hello
After listening to my preaching on the benefits of wetshaving, my work colleague has purchased an Edwin Jagger super badger brush and Trumpers violet cream. I've also taught him proper technique. He uses an Mach 3 so he's not quite there yet.
This morning I asked him how his shave went and he said it was the best he's had in years. Much, much less irritation.

That's good, I think the change from canned lather to brush and soap/cream is a much bigger step than changing razors. The Wilkinson Sword Classic is a cheap way to try DE if he is not sure.

Pete said:
That's good, I think the change from canned lather to brush and soap/cream is a much bigger step than changing razors. The Wilkinson Sword Classic is a cheap way to try DE if he is not sure.

I think you are right. For me I've underestimated the importance of hot water. I suspect my colleague is not the type to choose the cheap way to try a DE. I suspect in a few weeks, Merkur will have another sale.

Yep, preparation is very important. I notice a real difference if I don't get hot water on my face before a shave, either from the shower or a hot face cloth placed on my face. I am much more likely to nick myself if I neglect the prep.

And nice one Flatfish!

Good work Kristian! Spread the word!

Pigcat, your technique always seems to be exactly the same as mine: face latherers of the world, unite and take over!

Rev-O said:
Pigcat, your technique always seems to be exactly the same as mine: face latherers of the world, unite and take over!

And you know why? It's because my one and only razor is your Gillette Flairtip Superspeed!! It can be traced back through your line to biblical times when it was used to shave Samson...er...I think? :?

I've converted 4 here in the office this month, started them all of on Proraso and a Semogue or Omega boar. Gave two a loan of a HD and they soon realised it wasn't
me just talking the ususual crap! Once I had one convinced the rest listened to his
'unbiased' opinion. Now they're getting to the multiple razors and brushes stage
and I've piut together some blade samplers for them.
:D

Back
Top Bottom