noob to GEM Razors

There's a handful but it's a niche within a niche market, so there's not much profit in making one.

I wouldn't say the blade availability is the reason though, the limited options actually make it easier, and the PTFE blades are more than acceptable and equal the best AC and DE blades in finish for me.

I would say its probably the design itself. Being deeper from rear to cutting edge it limits the head design and I would hazard a guess that some think it isn't as easy or convenient to get a close shave.
Ohh okay cool, I'm totally ignorant was just an assumption

I do that a cheapo chinese razor which takes two full de razors and it's got that similar style head design as the GEM razor, which I love and easy to find the angle so have a feeling ill enjoy the GEM razors

Indeed. There's the TNNSER that myself and Tom White designed.
And there are several great 3D printed GEM razors designed by Roger Quintero.
Great stuff. But you have to own a good 3D printer or know how and where to get them printed.
Ohh cool, are these the ones with different aggression plates?

How much do they normally go for? Thanks

How do you find the 3d printed razors?

Followed the above link that @riverrun posted on the other forum, downloaded the files and ordered through a company as I don't have my own printer. You get discounts on quantity but there are a handful that are willing to do small runs and still relatively inexpensive. Think I paid about £40 to have two of each printed. Just have to stick them all together at the end.

I prefer the weight of brass or steel but it was an experiment that I just had to do.

Edit: for your first run out though I would strongly suggest following the advice of others and just go for a 1912, it's a cheap intro for a good razor.

Indeed. There's the TNNSER that myself and Tom White designed.
And there are several great 3D printed GEM razors designed by Roger Quintero.
Great stuff. But you have to own a good 3D printer or know how and where to get them printed.
they look cool, was more curious thanks mate :)

Here you go:

Check out Vintage Ever Ready SE Razor Pat'd 1912 1930s on eBay!

Should clean up nicely. You can make an offer on it.
nice one mate

chris you a fan of GEM razors? which ones you used?

hey so used, DE, SE, AC and injectors and i think GEM is the only razor left apart from a straight or kamisori as already used a shavette

anyways want to know which GEM razors and razor blades are good?

whats considered to be mild, medium and aggressive in terms of razors and blades?

thanks
Ruddy window scrapers…

I like them. I've got a 1912 (like the one in the eBay link) and a Sabre with L1 and L2 plates. Also had an ATT G1 which was nice but I sold it to Lee when thinning the den once. Also currently using a GEM blade in the Oneblade.
nice, how much aggressive is the sabre L1 and L2?

The other modern Gem razor is the Rocnel SE-G. This is an "aggressive" stainless razor, but I'm not sure if it's available at present. It is as brutal as it looks, with an open comb and an acute head angle which takes some getting used to.

Oooooo. I like the look of this one which I never knew existed. Perhaps it looks more evil in its all black finish.

What is it about Rocnel and aggressive strange SE's? Their DE's are quite the opposite including the 'Aggressive Elite' I have, which isn't.

ATT G1 - not my cup of tea, very mild, ceased manufacture, can pick them up occasionally on BST

Not mine either. Now lives in Greenland.

Oooooo. I like the look of this one which I never knew existed. Perhaps it looks more evil in its all black finish.
I'd queried previously with Murat whether any were available, seems he does occasional limited runs. It was about $245 dollars via western union transfer (which I wasn't comfortable with so skipped).

Not mine either. Now lives in Greenland
You have to try these things man!

I'd queried previously with Murat whether any were available, seems he does occasional limited runs. It was about $245 dollars via western union transfer (which I wasn't comfortable with so skipped).

You have to try these things man!

Given the pound/dollar at the moment that ain't cheap. I think it has just dropped off the list faster than it arrived.

I think you could guess to whom it went

Back
Top Bottom