Oasis reunion...

If the band cancel, I reckon as a backup plan if the promotors cut the price of beers and have a good Oasis tribute act on standby I don't think many fans will be none the wiser.

As long as you get a couple of Mancs with shit haircuts wearing parkas shouting profanities to the crowd as long they have Epiphones with a Union Jack on it the fans would be cool. Maybe the fans right at the front of the crowd would know something is wrong but the guys at the back, it'd be the best Oasis gig they've been too. It wouldn't matter that it was totally a different set of Manc brothers, Akbar and Mubeen Khan (South Manchester's best Oasis tribute act) to Noel and Liam. For the fans at the front, give them a few more cans of Red Stripe, that'll make up for the dissapointment for not seeing the Gallagher brothers.

Not a fan, then @donnie_arko :ROFLMAO:

Definitely not my scene when they first came out and I don't think I've even heard anything much since the end of the '90s. I do like Supersonic.

I've watched this unfold and think the whole thing is very exciting indeed for fans of the band. I had a chuckle at someone's post on Facebook who had retained their keepsake ticket from the Sheffield Arena gig back in 1997 priced at £27.50. What a seismic shift in pricing we've been through in the last couple of decades ... that, and the staggering figure of hundreds of millions of pounds to secure this deal!

Quite something! It really is!

Not a fan, then @donnie_arko :ROFLMAO:

Definitely not my scene when they first came out and I don't think I've even heard anything much since the end of the '90s. I do like Supersonic.

I've watched this unfold and think the whole thing is very exciting indeed for fans of the band. I had a chuckle at someone's post on Facebook who had retained their keepsake ticket from the Sheffield Arena gig back in 1997 priced at £27.50. What a seismic shift in pricing we've been through in the last couple of decades ... that, and the staggering figure of hundreds of millions of pounds to secure this deal!

Quite something! It really is!

I'm actually really pleased to hear of the band reforming for a number of reasons. For a start it's fantastic to have a guitar band being in the news once again and playing some big shows in 2025.

I'm absolutely delighted to hear of others who will get tickets and get to see their favourite band play. I'm a huge music fan and appreciate how great it is to see your favourite band play a sold out venue/stadium. It will be a great spectacle for all their fans.

When I used to use Instragram, I used follow a few guys who are techs, I think one of them might be the tech for this tour. Techs don't always make a huge amount of money so they'd make a few quid to keep them going in the trade for a bit longer.

I was pretty young when the band first had success, and I got into music/playing the guitar a few years before that. I wasn't into Oasis or Blur like many other kids in my school, but I absolutely loved seeing others get into Oasis (in particular) and their impact for buying a guitar and learning a few chords. It was fantastic to see a new generation of guitarists inspired.

One of the slight negatives is the fear/worry it might go tits up and the two brothers will fall out and not play their shows. I think this adds some excitement and some authenticity to it! For anyone who has ever played in a band before, they'd know how often bands fall apart! Drunk band members, bickering, arguments, to name a few things. My mate played in a band with 3 brothers, and that made the band politics I had in my bands seem like a walk in the park!

I was never the biggest fan of fan of Oasis, but I liked a few of their songs/albums, but I could appreciate they had a really favourable impression on the landscape and I think it will be all the better for their return. I'm loving hearing about them on the news, it's a nice alternative to some other topics. One of the last significant music related incident in the news I found so upsetting (I can't even begin to type it hear) I'm loving hearing about ticket sales, fans bickering whether they are over or under rated is a well appreciated distraction from reality.

Didn’t get in the presale and the ticketmaster site is a joke. Was queuing from 8:20 got booted off twice and finally just as I’m looking at picking a ticket it tells me it thinks I’m a bot and boots me out again! The remain along with Radiohead once of the few bands of the era I didn’t see at the time and am unlikely to again!

Well what a F-in day that was
Ticketmaster are a joke.
I got to the front of the queue then it cut me off telling me i was a Bot.
Anyway cut a long story short iv got 2 tickets after doing nothing at work all day sitting on the phone.

Didn’t get in the presale and the ticketmaster site is a joke. Was queuing from 8:20 got booted off twice and finally just as I’m looking at picking a ticket it tells me it thinks I’m a bot and boots me out again! The remain along with Radiohead once of the few bands of the era I didn’t see at the time and am unlikely to again!
hahahahahha Lee i hadn’t read your reply until i wrote mine.
Seems like we had the same issues.
Not just us but that’s weird

Back
Top Bottom