Thank you Gentlemen for your warm welcome :D

Slick said:
Hi pedro!!
Welcome.
Lovely country
Beautiful sunshine. Which I miss.
Cheers
Timslick.
Thank you. Indeed we can't complain, good weather, no major natural disasters, Mother Nature has been kind to us.

jonboy said:
Good evening Pedro and welcome!

Now to earn your keep in this mad house... :mrgreen:

I hear that Portugal produces some great shaving products, any recommendations?
I am visiting for the first time next month. :D
Well I'm just discovering them. :oops: I haven't used them yet but I've been learning about them on a Portuguese shaving forum. They're not easy to find here.

Shaving Creams: O Melhor from Confiança (their top of the line) is highly regarded and considered the best Portuguese shaving cream. There's also Top Secret(seems to be very good) and Veleiro(similar to O Melhor but not as good), both from Confiança. Musgo Real and Lavanda(discontinued) from Ach. Brito / Claus Porto(now owns Confiança). So I'd recommend O Melhor and Top Secret which are the ones I'm going to try... for now :mrgreen:

Shaving Soaps: Only exists Antiga Barbearia de Bairro, which from what I've read wouldn't recommend.

Aftershave Balms: O Melhor and Musgo Real seem to be great but I don't know if they have alcohol.

And of course Semogue brushes.

jonboy hope you enjoy your stay. If you would like to know the addresses of some stores that sell Portuguese shaving products let me know
and I'll send you a PM. ;)

Pedro

Back
Top Bottom