Old Spice

i've been caught up in an Old Spice nostalgia trip lately and having been lucky enough to be sent some Shultons OS (thanks JDE ;) ) i got hold of a cake of Shultons OS shaving soap.

as you can imagine the scent has faded slightly over the years but it's still OS
no idea as to the age of it :?

it fits well into a Tabac bowl and is soft enough to squidge down into place.
i wasn't expecting great things from this soap but the one thing it still has is superior glide.

this stuff is that slippery

more so than Tabac :shock:

price - well i paid over the odds so :roll: after all it's only shaving soap

Sodium Tallowate, Potassium Stearate, Water, Sodium Cocoate, Potassium Tallowate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Cocoate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Benzl Alcohol, Trisodium Hedta, Bht

a very good soap to try if you get the chance but don't go daft and spend loads trying to get it unless your a numpty like me :lol:

Ah, so it was you who outbid me! I dropped the ball a bit on that auction, but i'm glad it went to you. From my experience with OS soap, the shaves actually improve dramatically the further you get into the puck - no idea why but I always put it down to it not being used for such a long period of time. The latter-era soaps I tried always seemed to shave better, which I guess supports the notion, but it's probably all bullocks anyway. If I remember that auction correctly (and it was indeed that auction you got your soap from), I think the soap would be from the mid '70's.

Most important question - have you paired it with the Shulton AS yet?

Jim

i did see the auction your probably talking about but i got mine from the states in a OS Mug and soap + refill deal, it was a buy now price but i made an offer and saved $5 :roll:

so it wasn't me who beat you, somebody else needs to own up.

used it again last night and followed up with the OS aftershave = magic :D

i remember reading somewhere on B+B that OS a\s actually did a crap job of skincare post shave and was all about the smell.

i find the exact opposite, in fact, it's very good :cool:

If I'd had a brain there would be a closet full down the hall and I would be rolling in cash from selling it on ebay. I'm using the last puck I purchased back in the late '70s. One more is stashed, a more recent purchase but the soap is older.

It does loose the scent, and it is a very nice lathering slick soap. I think I'll use it tomorrow as I hope to receive a new DE in the mail tomorrow and I save what is left for special shaves.

Back
Top Bottom