PACT coffee

from https://www.pactcoffee.com/

really good stuff. I've had a couple of deliveries now and both have been excellent. comes in a resealable valve bag.

There are vouchers/codes flying about to enable your first purchase to be £1. after that it's a cancel any time subscription every couple of weeks for £6.95.

fill ya boots.

Happy drinking
Adam

Just received my bag of Pact coffee for £1 pound this morning, so thought I'd revive this dormant thread.
All I can say for now is that the beans have a lovely scent - looking forward to a nice Aeropress brew first thing tomorrow morning!

I must say the customer service at Pact is excellent so far. I received a call from one of the employees today to ensure that the beans had arrived on time.

Hedomystico said:
Just received my bag of Pact coffee for £1 pound this morning, so thought I'd revive this dormant thread.
All I can say for now is that the beans have a lovely scent - looking forward to a nice Aeropress brew first thing tomorrow morning!

I must say the customer service at Pact is excellent so far. I received a call from one of the employees today to ensure that the beans had arrived on time.

Can't argue for a solitary pound! although I am movign over to Rave in the near future. i think they offer a better overall proposition and might be slightly cheaper

I used to buy from Hasbean for some years after he started up and enjoyed a lot of SOs and blends in that time, but in the end realised I just prefer darker roasts. There are many who prefer the lighter roasts that bring out the floral and fruit notes more, but my nose perhaps isn't that well developed :) Horses for courses...

PhilD said:
I used to buy from Hasbean for some years after he started up and enjoyed a lot of SOs and blends in that time, but in the end realised I just prefer darker roasts. There are many who prefer the lighter roasts that bring out the floral and fruit notes more, but my nose perhaps isn't that well developed :) Horses for courses...

Being an espresso enthusiast, I also prefer darker roasts - although I am using an Aeropress for my brews (if only I could afford a Gaggia! haha).
Where do you source your beans now PhilD?

Hedomystico said:
Being an espresso enthusiast, I also prefer darker roasts - although I am using an Aeropress for my brews (if only I could afford a Gaggia! haha).
Where do you source your beans now PhilD?

I've not tried an aeropress but heard a lot of good things about them - got my eye on a secondhand one as it happens... :)

I don't have my espresso machines set up at the moment due to cramped living conditions but I hope that will change soon! The last I had was Rave Signature over Christmas. Other than that I've tried a few of the online vendors such as Compass and Jamesgourmet in Ross, though more generally tried to use local roasters to avoid postal charges. How do you find Squaremile roasts – darker than Steve's? Would like to try them next, and maybe splash out on some Londinium too.

Re the Gaggias, I'd suggest looking at places other than eBay, where they inevitably reach a standard price. There's one advertised for £30 near here that I'm trying to avoid buying..

Bought an aeropress last week. Tried a couple of times. Getting better would recommend for the price and nice for working away from home

PhilD said:
...How do you find Squaremile roasts – darker than Steve's? Would like to try them next, and maybe splash out on some Londinium too.

If I may butt in here: Squaremile roasts are (every time I've tried and I've now given up) the brightest, fruitiest, most acidic espressos I've tried. Brighter than even Hasbean which I stopped using for the same reasons as you. For smooth roasts definately try Londinium, a bit pricey for 1 bag but I buy six and freeze them and that makes to cost reasonable. Reiss (Londinium) is re-locating his roasting machine at present so isn't selling any but will be back in 2-3 weeks. In the meantime you could try coffeebeanshop.co.uk, they are good and prefer a richer rather than brighter roast profile, but in my opinion not as good as Londinium.

Hope that helps - Paul

PhilD said:
I don't have my espresso machines set up at the moment due to cramped living conditions but I hope that will change soon! The last I had was Rave Signature over Christmas. Other than that I've tried a few of the online vendors such as Compass and Jamesgourmet in Ross, though more generally tried to use local roasters to avoid postal charges. How do you find Squaremile roasts – darker than Steve's? Would like to try them next, and maybe splash out on some Londinium too.

Re the Gaggias, I'd suggest looking at places other than eBay, where they inevitably reach a standard price. There's one advertised for £30 near here that I'm trying to avoid buying..

Based on my admittedly limited experience with Square Mile (just tried their signature 'Red Brick'), I agree with p.b's comment that the beans are rather acidic. While I enjoy some acidity in my cup (as long as it is counterbalanced by a full body), Red Brick wasn't really to my taste.

I'm just having my second brew with Pact's La Joyeria and am really enjoying it - nice full body with a classic chocolatey taste. Why yesterday's brew was well below par is a mystery to me!

Thanks for the useful info, gents, will give Squaremile a miss and try coffeebeanshop next time funds allow. Were you a poster at TMC by any chance, p.b ?

PhilD said:
Were you a poster at TMC by any chance, p.b ?

Yes, many years ago. It appears to be pretty much dead now. I think the only worthwhile UK coffee forum is http://coffeeforums.co.uk/forum.php there's a great deal of cross-pollenation between this forum and that. I was actually at the coffee show in Olympia this morning and then after that I caught the tube to Green Park and did all the St James shaving shops. Been a lovely / geeky day for me :icon_biggrin:

Paul

^ Thought I recognised your id :) A lot of the membership (including me) left in the wake of the buying club ban, so perhaps that was the tipping point. Shame, it was nice place for a while, and where I first heard about the traditional shaving revival.

Anyway, sounds like you had a quality day today
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom