Page format changes

I couldn't replicate it but judging by the screenshots it's Google changing the ad format, I reverted it so hopefully it's back to normal.

Was about to say, it's a blank ad banner. I get more ads than content in terms of surface area, and that top one is always there. I take it on the chin as I haven't become a paid supporter yet, but may reconsider as it's gone from occasional ad inserted between posts, to all of a sudden a full page popup ad that needs to be dismissed after every click, as well as the permanent tab banner at the top. It's not a change of the forum page, it's all ad overlays, so probably nothing admin can change and probably just needs subscription status.

Was about to say, it's a blank ad banner. I get more ads than content in terms of surface area, and that top one is always there. I take it on the chin as I haven't become a paid supporter yet, but may reconsider as it's gone from occasional ad inserted between posts, to all of a sudden a full page popup ad that needs to be dismissed after every click, as well as the permanent tab banner at the top. It's not a change of the forum page, it's all ad overlays, so probably nothing admin can change and probably just needs subscription status.
Google sometimes runs what they call ad experiments designed to generate more income, they then start automatically inserting ads on the pages. If it makes even a small increase they go ahead and make the change permanent until I get wind of it and have to revert it back to how I originally set it up. PITA to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom