Parabens

I've noticed on Connaughts website that Paul has stocks of TOBS "New Parabens free shaving cream" alongside the TOBS normal cream. If you click on th ebowls it brings it up.

What are Parabens and what difference would they make to the cream, my face, etc? :?:

By all accounts its yet another in the long line of "these items you have been using for years contain KILLER chemicals! Ban this sick filth - For the children!" style news.

Always has to be Something dangerous or containing cancer in liquid form to protest against. Media gets bored otherwise.

I split these up mainly because the scents have changed in the new batches. Most notably the Lavender & Lemon Lime have changed allot, there other scents may just be different because they're fresh.

The Lavender is now better in my opinion but I know allot of people preferrred the old straight EO scent.
The Lemon Lime smell also much nicer but still quite similar to the old.

Parabens are preservatives which can prolong the lifespan of a cosmetic product from around six months if it is wholly organic up to around six years. The cosmetic industry loves them for exactly that reason and swear blind they do no harm. There is a growing body of opinion that more research needs to be done on the long term effect of parabens, as no-one really knows what the long term effect on the body is after prolonged exposure to them.

Parabens are in pretty much everything from toothpaste, through all women's make up products and men's shaving products, it's hard to find something today that really doesn't have parabens in it, and when it does it tends to shout it out from the label.

I have no idea whether they are harmful or not to be honest with you, but try to avoid them simply because I don't know...

Paul said:
I split these up mainly because the scents have changed in the new batches. Most notably the Lavender & Lemon Lime have changed allot

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not the lavender!!! It was AWESOME!!

Ian

You know if you eat 50kg of Polos in one sitting there is a chance you might go sterile but what they don't tell you there is a greater chance of dying from internal bleeding of the ring piece.

What does it mean? It means don't eat 50kg of shave cream.

You better give up dairy then, there's supposed to be a link between eating dairy and prostate and ovarian cancer.

Very low levels of these cancers in the far East = very little dairy consumed and fewer vasectomy's

:lol: The Daily Mail is so utterly shit!

While we're on the subject, check this out...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/</a><!-- m -->

Back
Top Bottom