Pashana Aftershave

I'm more of a Leslie Sarony fan myself ("He played his ukele as the ship went down" etc.) I was privileged to meet him, many years ago. My grandfather was keen on music, and I have all his gramophone records, some of which go back to the First War (he was an RFC pilot), and then on through the Twenties and Thirties. Some cracking stuff, Including GF, and I have a good supply of needles for the wind-ups.
An education sir, I thank you. :)

The original Pashana was produced on the UK mainland. The name was bought by Denman based in Newtownards in N Ireland. Many years ago I used to call in to their factory shop. They later introduced the Jack Dean brand which was rebottled Pashana product ( in the same bottles with a different label) at a higher price more suited to younger customers who were willing to pay more

Those Pashana bottles sure are beautiful, I thought it was gone forever and I'd never see a glass bottle again. It's one of the heaviest and loudest of aftershaves I've ever used and the scent is very good.

I too thought it was gone forever. However, I soon realised that if I crept up behind my neighbours dog whilst he was cocking his leg I had the perfect substitute.

lol. I don't agree with you but tell me what do you consider the best smelling after shaves?

I thought there was a topic about this a year or two back but a certain detail came up in the 'Finished' thread and thought it worth showing some pictures.

Short of it is: Keep your bottle stopper!

IMG_4714.jpeg

Denman (Old) on the left
Hive of Beauty (New) on the right

IMG_4715.jpeg

Two positives: first, it's the same great juice (which still attracts flies @isaiah53) with the same product code and barcode; second, they now list out the "blend of fine essential oils" in the ingredient listing.

If you can't read it, it's:

INGREDIENTS: Alcohol Denat. (Alcohol), Aqua (Water), Parfum (Fragra Propylene Glycol, Evernia Prunastri (Oakmoss) Extract, Pogostemon
(Patchouli) Leaf Oil, Cupressus Sempervirens (Cypress) Oil, Piper Nigrum (Black Pepper) Seed Oil, Santalum Spicata (Sandalwood) Wood Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Amyris Balsamifera (Sandalwood) Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Coumarin, Alpha-isomethyl lonone, Hexyl
Cinnamal, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Eugenol, Citral, Geraniol, 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

The bad?

The stopper is different - cheap and tacky. Bah!

IMG_4716.jpeg

As an aside, the same bottle is in use by Hai Karate and they have a slightly nicer stopper than the new Pashana - smoother and of a plastic more akin to the Denman Pashana.

IMG_4717.jpeg

Again, bottom line ...

Keep your old stopper!

Looking back into the mists of time Pashana was a traditional aftershave mainly used by barbers. However it was puzzling when products traditionally used on skin was recommended for hair when in fact there was Pashana Brilliantine for hair. Most people using traditional shaving products changed to Old Spice as did I. Probably true to say that Pashana ranks alongside the likes of Tabac and Clubman aftershave which generally have the edge.

Good job that it's still available. Being the sort of weirdo that likes Lilac Vegetal (old ladies, lavatory cleaner, cat's pee), I find the Pashana (harem, Eastern bordello) just the thing, and wasn't too happy when it seemed that it was to disappear a couple of years or so ago.

I decant mine into an old Penhaligon's glass-stopper bottle.IMG_2651-EXPO-20240908.JPG

I thought there was a topic about this a year or two back but a certain detail came up in the 'Finished' thread and thought it worth showing some pictures.

Short of it is: Keep your bottle stopper!

View attachment 125033

Denman (Old) on the left
Hive of Beauty (New) on the right

View attachment 125034

Two positives: first, it's the same great juice (which still attracts flies @isaiah53) with the same product code and barcode; second, they now list out the "blend of fine essential oils" in the ingredient listing.

If you can't read it, it's:

INGREDIENTS: Alcohol Denat. (Alcohol), Aqua (Water), Parfum (Fragra Propylene Glycol, Evernia Prunastri (Oakmoss) Extract, Pogostemon
(Patchouli) Leaf Oil, Cupressus Sempervirens (Cypress) Oil, Piper Nigrum (Black Pepper) Seed Oil, Santalum Spicata (Sandalwood) Wood Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Amyris Balsamifera (Sandalwood) Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Coumarin, Alpha-isomethyl lonone, Hexyl
Cinnamal, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Eugenol, Citral, Geraniol, 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

The bad?

The stopper is different - cheap and tacky. Bah!

View attachment 125035

As an aside, the same bottle is in use by Hai Karate and they have a slightly nicer stopper than the new Pashana - smoother and of a plastic more akin to the Denman Pashana.

View attachment 125036

Again, bottom line ...

Keep your old stopper!
Seems to be available with both types of Stopper.

Seems to be available with both types of Stopper.
Might be old pictures? Great if the old stopper is now on the Hive of Beauty bottles ... anyone bought one very recently to confirm? When it disappeared from the market altogether a couple of years back, when the new bottles came onto the market ... I bought in a few bottles so have not had the need to buy again recently.

There's also:

51zpVIEf+BL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

... which I've ordered on more than one occasion to receive the other style of bottle.

Back
Top Bottom