Podcasts

Anyone got any recommendations for podcasts or audio series? I've got a Bluetooth link on my radio and I'm finding it quite civilised to listen to stuff on it rather than just sticking the telly on.
I got a few good suggestions off a mate, and at the moment I'm listening to a series called the Lazarus heist, it's very good.
Any suggestions more than welcome :)

Anyone got any recommendations for podcasts or audio series? I've got a Bluetooth link on my radio and I'm finding it quite civilised to listen to stuff on it rather than just sticking the telly on.
I got a few good suggestions off a mate, and at the moment I'm listening to a series called the Lazarus heist, it's very good.
If you download the BBC Sounds app on to your phone you will find a great assortment of podcast's and much more! :)

Paul.

I love podcasts - been listening to them for 12+ years. What kind of topics do you like? I've added some links where possible to some suggestions.

For history - The Rest is History is on a different level for me. Very engaging presenters - my knowledge has increased. Their recent episodes on the holocaust were moving and insightful.

We Have Ways of Making you Talk - predominantly focusses on the second world war. Al Murray is one of the hosts.

Battlefield Ukraine - has some serious guests keeping us up to date on what is actually happening. The episodes on the deployment of A.I. and Cyber attacks were unbelievable.

Sports chat and comedy - The Socially Distant Sports Bar is absolutely superb. I'm a Patreon and cannot get enough of these guys. Made up of comedians and journalists. Ellis James is one of hosts. The are currently running some Pint Sized tasters that you may enjoy - if you like sports and a good laugh.

Honourable mentions - The Frank Skinner show from Absolute radio, The Joe Marler Show, That Peter Crouch Show & The Johnny Vaughan show.

Happy exploring :)

I love podcasts - been listening to them for 12+ years. What kind of topics do you like? I've added some links where possible to some suggestions.

For history - The Rest is History is on a different level for me. Very engaging presenters - my knowledge has increased. Their recent episodes on the holocaust were moving and insightful.

We Have Ways of Making you Talk - predominantly focusses on the second world war. Al Murray is one of the hosts.

Battlefield Ukraine - has some serious guests keeping us up to date on what is actually happening. The episodes on the deployment of A.I. and Cyber attacks were unbelievable.

Sports chat and comedy - The Socially Distant Sports Bar is absolutely superb. I'm a Patreon and cannot get enough of these guys. Made up of comedians and journalists. Ellis James is one of hosts. The are currently running some Pint Sized tasters that you may enjoy - if you like sports and a good laugh.

Honourable mentions - The Frank Skinner show from Absolute radio, The Joe Marler Show, That Peter Crouch Show & The Johnny Vaughan show.

Happy exploring :)
I'm open to anything to be honest, not overly arsed about politics as I used to totally immerse myself in it and it just leaves me cold now. A bit of history and humour work for me and I'm partial to strangeness, anything odd, conspiracies and that sort of thing.

I'm open to anything to be honest, not overly arsed about politics as I used to totally immerse myself in it and it just leaves me cold now. A bit of history and humour work for me and I'm partial to strangeness, anything odd, conspiracies and that sort of thing.
I must admit, I do like conspiracy theory's, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they are not out to get you!
Shh, be careful who you are speaking to!!! :)

Paul.

You like Doug Stanhope right? His one is worth checking out if you do.

Unusable (Andrew Waite & David Ball)
last one on ev charging

Friday night comedy

Ukraine the latest. From the telegraph

BBC moneybox

True crime podcasts when mood takes me, but i didn't have the stomach for the serial killer podcasts

I'm a tradesmen so I listen to trade podcasts.

BBC science. Chris Smith. Last one on booze

Infante monkey cage

I use Spotify as the BBC and most others are there. All under one roof.
Google podcast's app and the bbc sounds app I used before Spotify.
I like the simplified UI of the Google podcast app.

Last edited:
I use the Google podcast app - nice, clean and simple UI. Conspiracy Theories are not my thing - just did a search within the app & there are dozens of podcasts. I would imagine there will be plenty to tickle your fancy :alien:

The Two Shot Podcast hosted by Craig Parkinson* is excellent. Mainly interviews with actors. There’s two episodes with Joseph Gilgun (Woody from This is England/Brassic). He really opens about his mental health issues which goes really dark but also is really funny too. I’ve listened to quite a few and they have all been very interesting and entertaining.
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-two-shot-podcast/id1251501033

craig-parkinson.jpg

Back
Top Bottom