Proraso

I honestly think the ingredients to Make it sensitive thickens the lather hence making the soap that much harder

fly3k said:
The green tub I have is harder than say Vitos or Cella. They dont do a harder one though.

Thanks might get a tub to try

Al H said:
Shropshire Shaver said:
Are they more like Nanny's soaps for consistency then?

Haven't tried. I have all 3 but hardly use the white tub

You haven't tried any of Sharon's Nanny's Silly Soaps? They are very good. I've got quite a few and they are quite soft.

hdb3326 said:
How do they differ scent wise?

Regards

Ben

Yeah:
Green - menthol really nice
White - less menthol with a slight oaty smell
Red - God knows! Wrong very very wrong IMO

the red is sandalwood and shea butter. there is a lot of debate about the scent - some people love it others find it awful. I read on the other place that it is closer to sandalwood oil than most other sandalwood soaps and creams. i'm sure someone with more experience of sandalwood soaps can chip in here.

flip-68 said:
the red is sandalwood and shea butter. there is a lot of debate about the scent - some people love it others find it awful. I read on the other place that it is closer to sandalwood oil than most other sandalwood soaps and creams. i'm sure someone with more experience of sandalwood soaps can chip in here.

I've got quite a few Sandlewood products and some from India and the Red Proraso smells nothing like it to me. I know some others like the scent it's not for me.

It's not like other sandalwood products I've tried, either. It's a "meh" smell for me; perfectly acceptable but not outstanding and not one I reach out for when thinking of what to use. Performance is good though and you get a lot in the tube.

NotTheStig said:
It's not like other sandalwood products I've tried, either. It's a "meh" smell for me; perfectly acceptable but not outstanding and not one I reach out for when thinking of what to use. Performance is good though and you get a lot in the tube.

The proformance is good in the full Proraso range

I really like Proraso's take on sandalwood. Much preferable to Taylor's, Trumper's, T&H etc to my nose. All three tubs are worth buying - the green (eucalyptus and menthol) is available in 50ml tubs for around £3, which'll last a few months, and so is well worth a punt.

Back
Top Bottom