Rave. Italian Job. In da House!!

Slick said:
Well we are all trying it!
I have a little Lavazza to use then I shall report. Or one of you will!!

Nice one.

Snap! I've got a quarter of my Lavazza bag left, so I've still got a few weeks to go. I'm looking forward to a change but not convinced I'll notice too much difference what with all the milky goodness I pour over my coffee.

danielowenuk said:
It's a while since I went anything but pure aribica, what's the caffeine like?

I don't think it's pure arabica, I can deffo smell the robusta in it.

First impressions from one okay 5/10 double pour (bear in mind that I have not dialled in the grinder or tamp and drowned it with too much milk) was that it isn't anything special although the beans were perfectly perfectly roasted, about as even as I've ever seen. Sorry, not prepared to jump the walls and kick the dog today so I'm not trying anymore.

dialled in just about....

Dark and bitter. MAybe over extracted. I shall have a fiddle but first taste is strong and feisty not smooth like lavazza. Crema amazing, tiger striping perfect. Rich texture, not thin. Burnt?

1.9 kilos to go!!

Yrs tim

Dialled in over the weekend, much much better results. Sometimes despite being freshly roasted it's better to let them age a bit.

2KGs ?! Wanna sell me 1/2 a KG?

antdad said:
Dialled in over the weekend, much much better results. Sometimes despite being freshly roasted it's better to let them age a bit.

2KGs ?! Wanna sell me 1/2 a KG?

I here this phrase often and just curious what does dialling entail? My poor cheapo grinder can dream of such attention.

Back
Top Bottom