Razorblades Club - UK Customs issue?

Sorry if this has been asked before - I used the search function but nothing came up.
I ordered some blades from Razorblades Club in early August. The international shipping (SPRING) says 'THE ITEM IS BEING PROCESSED BY CUSTOMS ' but when I check through with Royal Mail it says 'we have the item and will deliver it today' - the issue is that it has said this status for about 9 days. Razorblades Club are saying this often happens but that they deliver to numerous UK customers & the delivery will reach me. But then google is telling me Royal Mail changed their rules in April and no longer deliver bladed items. So, I'm confused.... Wondering if others have had this issue and if i should just ask for a refund via Paypal. Thanks

I recently got a fair size order around £80 ish with no issues.
Think iv ordered of them half a dozen times and always a great service
I can’t remember but is it not Evri that delivers them
thanks. I must've got unlucky. Original despatch is by sping GDS but when I click through to track in more detail, it is Royal Mail

I had an order through only a month or two ago (certainly after April, anyway) which I got all the customs notes and it was ultimately delivered by Royal Mail. Give it a short while longer. I gather RBC are based in Sweden, but I've had first carrier notes from both Germany and Italy. Either way, it's been RM at my end.

Actually, Royal Mail have relaxed their stance on razor blades in May.

Screen Shot 2024-08-29 at 09.00.08 AM.png

Just a clarification that they won't carry anything now classified as a weapon under the very (deliberately?) vague Offensive Weapons Act and certain blades items with NO mention of razor blades. The two ticks mean okay for UK and International postage.

Usually I get excellent service from Razorbladesclub with acknowledgement of receipt and tracking by Deutsche Post and around 7 days from ordering to receipt. However my last order which were single (sample) AC blades took around 3 weeks and the package was sent by special delivery. Whether this was a delay due to restocking or that the blades were individually packed in polythene bags is unknown. But personally I would not judge a service on a single delivery.

Just to update that all looks good. I’ve received a note from Royal Mail to say delivery today. It looks like my delivery was held up in customs for a week. So for any fellow newbies don’t panic if the tracking says ‘held by customs’ or if the Royal Mail delivery is stuck on ‘we will deliver today’ for a week. Just seems to mean an extra week before delivery

In my experience tracking doesn't say anything like "held in customs": It shows "arrived at Heathrow" or "arrived at Princess Royal Distribution Centre / mail centre" and then Royal Mail declares that they have it. In fact I have had a double whammy where it goes to Princess Roayal twice and then on to Royal Mail twice.

Back
Top Bottom