Recommend me a soap please

Start with a Manly Soap. Palmolive Stick. Reasonably priced, easy to use, clean fragrance. A real soap. (ok, almost ).

Johnus said:
Start with a Manly Soap. Palmolive Stick. Reasonably priced, easy to use, clean fragrance. A real soap. (ok, almost ).

Real manly soap? Might as well have recommended poor fella something like Williams.. :icon_razz:

brushfan said:
As you can see, I like clean scents and good slick performers. What haven't I tried that I really should!

Cheers

Hi there,

I already like you, since our tastes are the same when it comes to the stench of Tabac. i know you didn't actually come out and say so, but I'm sure you also believe it smells quite a bit like dead things. No need to be shy here, just for future reference.

So let's see.......a nice clean scent. Rivivage is one I'd suggest. Supposedly the same soap by Gold Dachs, It performs well and smells like what you want. Dr Dittmar also makes a very good soap, and the scent's a bit like Irisch Moos, if that helps. I think those come two per pack.

Monsavon comes to mind as something to try if you can find any. DR Harris is good stuff, with a bunch of flavors to choose from. If you like Cade, you'll most likely enjoy the DR Harris Marlborough.

My most used soap has that kinda clean/soapy scent. It's unfortunately not made anymore, but sometimes you see vintage Surrey soap on ebay.

If I was you, I'd try do some trading with members if possible. The MB soaps would be good to barter with, since they may not be made all that much longer.

Anyway, good luck on your choices,

Martin

Re: RE: Recommend me a soap please

dodgy said:
brushfan said:
As you can see, I like clean scents and good slick performers. What haven't I tried that I really should!

Cheers

Hi there,

I already like you, since our tastes are the same when it comes to the stench of Tabac. i know you didn't actually come out and say so, but I'm sure you also believe it smells quite a bit like dead things. No need to be shy here, just for future reference.

So let's see.......a nice clean scent. Rivivage is one I'd suggest. Supposedly the same soap by Gold Dachs, It performs well and smells like what you want. Dr Dittmar also makes a very good soap, and the scent's a bit like Irisch Moos, if that helps. I think those come two per pack.

Monsavon comes to mind as something to try if you can find any. DR Harris is good stuff, with a bunch of flavors to choose from. If you like Cade, you'll most likely enjoy the DR Harris Marlborough.

My most used soap has that kinda clean/soapy scent. It's unfortunately not made anymore, but sometimes you see vintage Surrey soap on ebay.

If I was you, I'd try do some trading with members if possible. The MB soaps would be good to barter with, since they may not be made all that much longer.

Anyway, good luck on your choices,

Martin

Ha ha, yeah you're right, tabac gets up my nose in a big way. The lather was great though from memory. Ah well.

I was thinking trades would be a good way to go, so I'll gather all my soaps up and put something out there.

I'm going to take your recommendations on board as your mutual dislike of tabac makes me think you know a good soap scent when you smell one.

Cheers

I love MWF & Cade as well (but Tabac too), sort of like T&H and dislike Arko & Trumper (rose).
Other favourite soaps I can highly recommend are (all great performers):
- TOBS Jermyn Street (very very pleasant fresh/flowery scent)
- D.R. Harris Marlborough (quite different smell to Tabac, this one is rather woody. If you prefer more lemon/soapy scents you could opt for Arlington)
- I Coloniali (rather earthy scent, grew a lot on me and unlike anything else I have smelled so far)
- Palmolive stick (cheap & good)

Cheers guys. Provence Sante ive seen mentioned a few times. Will have to look at that. The I coloniali is available from Connaught I think, so i may have a look into that too. Cheers

brushfan said:
Cheers guys. Provence Sante ive seen mentioned a few times. Will have to look at that. The I coloniali is available from Connaught I think, so i may have a look into that too. Cheers

Man, I shoulda thought to suggest this soap before. Try the EJ/Muhle 'Sea Buckthorn' soap. Nice performer with a real pleasant scent kinda like mango. Really, I'd bet money you'd like that one.

Re: RE: Recommend me a soap please

dodgy said:
brushfan said:

Man, I shoulda thought to suggest this soap before. Try the EJ/Muhle 'Sea Buckthorn' soap. Nice performer with a real pleasant scent kinda like mango. Really, I'd bet money you'd like that one.

Cheers, I'll take a look at that one too

Teiste said:
Floris JF and Elite, and also any of the D.R. Harris.

Floris I havent heard much about, will have to look into this. Also, the DR Harris soap I need to get as its had many recommendations.

brushfan said:
Teiste said:
Floris JF and Elite, and also any of the D.R. Harris.

Floris I havent heard much about, will have to look into this. Also, the DR Harris soap I need to get as its had many recommendations.

The Harris are top notch soaps.I haven't been "fair" to them on the past,but I recently "re discovered" those fantastic soaps,and Im very happy I did.

Back
Top Bottom