Active Reggie's Razors Jupiter Passaround

Jonathan of @Reggie’s Razors has kindly supplied his latest razor for us to test. Based on feedback from the Titan passaround, the new jupiter is slightly milder. The model I have in my hand is a brass tester - I believe the razor is yet to enter production. This will hopefully appeal to those of you that thought the titanium Titan would be too light.

Here's the formal description from Jonathan:

Reggie’s Razors Jupiter: A Customizable and Comfortable Shaving Experience

Introducing the Jupiter, the latest innovation from Reggie’s Razors. The Jupiter is a safety razor that offers a customizable and comfortable shaving experience for all skin types.

The Jupiter comes in two materials: brass and aluminium. The brass version is hand-polished for a sleek and elegant look, while the aluminium version comes in four anodised colours: blue, black, yellow, and red. You can mix and match the head (cap and base) and handle to create your own unique combination.

The head of the Jupiter has a mild design that provides a smooth and gentle shave. The scalloped safety bar helps to reduce irritation and ingrown hairs. The blade gap is 0.5mm, which is ideal for daily shaving and suitable for beginners and experts alike.

The Jupiter has a balanced weight of 110g (head 30g, handle 80g) and a comfortable length of 108mm (handle 100mm, head 43mm). The handle has a textured grip that prevents slipping and ensures precise control.

The Jupiter is compatible with any standard double-edge razor blade. It is easy to clean and maintain, and it will last for years with proper care.

If you are looking for a new razor that offers a customizable and comfortable shaving experience, look no further than the Jupiter from Reggie’s Razors. Order yours today and enjoy the difference!

1000020431.jpg1000020432.jpg1000020433.jpg1000020434.jpg

Please read and agree to the following rules and remarks before joining the list.

The pass around will be restricted to members who have been around for a while and have a good amount of posts. My discretion will be applied, so don’t apply with your first post.

The razor is your responsibility from the moment you receive it until the next person receives it. You break it or lose it - you buy it.

Please use a Royal Mail service with insurance of £150 (availableat good value through the Royal Mail app). This pass around is limited to the UK at this time. If Royal Mail loses it, they’ll pay for it, but only if you have insured it! Send the tracking number to the recipient and to myself.

Two weeks is plenty of time to test the razor. If you know you are going to be unable to use the razor, ask to be moved down the list.

Most importantly let everyone know what you think about the razor. This is a requirement of the pass around. It doesn’t need to be a long detailed report of every SOTD but Jonathan wants to know what you thought of the razor.

Disinfect and clean the razor before shipping out to the next lucky person.

04/02/2024

Razor: Reggie's Razors Jupiter
Blade: Polsilver (1)
Brush: Highlander CB1
Soap: OSP Urban Viking

1000020421.jpg1000020423.jpg

I had my first shave with the Jupiter today. It faced a tough challenge - 3.5 days of growth.

The razor arrived in the same nice packaging the Titan arrived in. It's a compact and neat way to store the razor. The brass is nicely polished with a couple of lighy machining marks on the top cap - this is a tester/pilot razor so im not going to judge the small things. Overall the razor looks very nice. Would be nice to see Jonathan's signature 'R' on the bottom of the production handle but I'm not sure what this would do to the end price.

The razor assembled nicely and had plenty of grip during the shave. The weight was comfortable with good balance.

My shave consisted of two passes. The first pass had all the growth to deal with and a fresh Polsilver blade which always take a pass to smooth out for me. The result was a slightly tuggy first pass but it wasn't uncomfortable. The second pass was excellent. The true test was the XTG pass on my neck. Some razors skip across the front of my neck causing discomfort. Any razor that does this doesnt survive in my den (two worst offenders for that: Blackbird and Mingoose). The Jupiter glided around my neck whilst taking the hair down as required. Based on this first shave, I think I'll like this razor. It's certainly better suited to me than the Titan.

Last edited:
05/02/2024

Blade: Polsilver (2)
Brush: Simpson M7 SiLVERTiP
Soap: AdP

Second shave completed with the Jupiter. It faced 1.5 days of growth - probably the equivalent of 1 day of growth for other folk. The shave was comfortable - no pulling or drag/suction. The finish wasn't as close as I'd have liked but I need to use the razor a little more to 'dial it in'.

07/02/2024

Blade: Polsilver (3)
Brush: Omega Proraso Boar
Soap: P&B Cailleach

A third comfortable shave completed with the Jupiter. Shaving with this razor feels very safe and there is close to no blade feel. It's just a bit below goldilocks for me as the area under my chin needs a bit more work on completion of the two passes. I've loaded a Feather blade for the next shave to see if that raises the performance slightly.

10/02/2024

Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Highlander Tulip Tuxedo
Soap: Moon Havana

The Feather blade has helped improve the effectiveness slightly. A better finish on my neck today.

I'm going to use my EJ DE89 after the Jupiter. I keep making a connection to that - could the Jupiter be a brass 89? I'll let you know my thoughts once I've compared them.

Back
Top Bottom