Review: Ambrosia by Lush

Avoid at all costs.

A thinnish slime that does nothing to soften, lubricate, cushion, cleanse or moisturise.

Ingredients:

Honey Water (Aqua)
Linseed Mucilage (Linum usitatissimum)
Oat Milk (Avena sativa)
Glycerine
Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao)
Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis)
Stearic Acid
Triethanolamine
Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis)
African Marigold Oil (Tagetes erecta)
Cetearyl Alcohol
Limonene
Perfume
Methylparaben
Propylparaben

Utterly utterly horrid stuff.

THE END

Agreed. I used this for a while back in the Fusion days.

I found their Prince shave cream to be ok though. It is a brushless cream, and seriously, it really won't do anything with a brush so there is no point, but it seemed to do the trick being applied onto the face by fingers. Caveat to this? I haven't tried it using a DE yet - i keep having too much fun using a brush!

After reading this article

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cosmeticnewsportal.com/cosmetic_article8989.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cosmeticnewsportal.com/cosme ... e8989.html</a><!-- m -->

I had a look at their website. Looked a bit style over substance to me.

I tried this many many moons ago. I wouldn't work with a brush (doesn't lather) and it kept clogging up my M3. Finished the small trial bottle I had and never felt the compulsion to buy it.

Wasn't great and wasn't the worst thing I've shaved with, just not worth it.

I tried it ages ago.

The "linseed mucilage" put me off - for some reason reminded me of snot!

Some of their non shaving stuff is quite good, smells nice but can be pricey.

sjedwardz said:
Some of their non shaving stuff is quite good, smells nice but can be pricey.

Only reason for the price is the "Look how organic and natural I am" tag that goes along with the brand name Lush.

SWMBO used to use Lush products all the time and then one day she turned round to me and said "They aren't that good for the money you spend" and that was that.

hando said:
back in the days of CONUK i warned of avoiding this stuff
i think our learned gentleman SirPrize was tempted?
Yes - although it was only a free sample.
I did mention it's limitations to the salesgirl when next I was there but she had difficulty conceptualising "brush" and "lather".
Seemingly it is brushless and that is the only form of shaving cream the staff are aware of.
And yes - it does foul both brush and razor and is the very devil to clean off.

lol. I remember tryin this a while back. Absolutely rubbish.

A couple of their moisturisers are ok. It's owned by The guy who started Body Shop with Anita Roddick.

It's what the body shop should have been...

I've got three of their shave creams: Prince, Ambrosia and Shave the Planet. I find them to be perfectly serviceable brushless creams, although it's not often I reach for a brushless cream. I just seen this post before my shave tonight and decided to dig out the Ambrosia again. Personna, from one of the big supermarkets, slant, Ambrosia and some cheap blue aftershave I got at Christmas which resulted in a very pleasant shave, even with me only using the left hand as I try to force some dexterity into it.

They do become rather expensive if you're doing a few passes as each pass requires a new dollop of cream.

I find all of them make my skin very happy. I don't need aftershave if I'm using Lush cream but as I like something with a bit of a kick to it after the shave the supercheap alcoholic blue stuff compliments it well.

So, in short: you're all wrong and I'm right. Especially Ollie. Bollocks to all that ymmv stuff.

On another note I told my wife she could use the Lush creams for leg shaving as the Real Shaving Co stuff didn't keep her happy and I want her away from the three T's. She was telling me today how fabulous the rose one was that she's been using - silly me filled up an empty tub with a tube of Taylor's rose as the cap broke and now it's pretty much gone. Not only that but now she's eyeing up the avocado.

Proinsias said:
So, in short: you're all wrong and I'm right. Especially Ollie.

That's the winning slogan. Let it fly on flags from the rooftops and steeples, engrave it inside your wedding rings, sing it loudly to your favourite tune, tattoo it above your heart, carve it on your headstone.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom