S.O.T.D. Sat. 7th Sept. to Frid. 13th Sept. 2013

Saturday vii September, 2013

Prep: Shower, Nivea Q10 Facial Scrub
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Thater 4125/2 Finest Silvertip
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougere
Razor: Digress HD
Blade: NOS Permasharp #1

Result: It's my daughters 3rd birthday tomorrow so, knowing the morning would be busy, I had a relaxing Saturday evening shave. I also took the opportunity to crack open a couple of the higher end products I have in my stash. The Fougere is wonderful. I have to admit that the Fougere scent is sublime and probably my favourite. The Thater's brush was excellent and I look forward to using it again. First use also of a Permasharp and my conclusion - superb blade. Sailed through my mouth to nose upward sweep test. All in all, a very relaxing, and altogether excellent, allround shave.

And I missed Strictly Come Dancing so it was doubly pleasurable!

Cheers,

Jon

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Rod Neep custom in Desert Ironwood
Razor: Max Sprecher, hollow in gost jade scales
Soap: Jabonman Lavanda
AS: Myrsol Aqua Lime
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

Perfect shave with a a perfect razor, I really like this blade and the rest of the stuff wasn't shabby either :)

Magnus: no, looks very cool! Wouldn't mind having a look later! Heljestrand made so many different designs on their models, most often it was about changing the grind within a model - M K models with the same no can vary in grind very much between different years. A little strange, but never the less so.​

782sirbrian said:
Saturday 7th September

SOTD7913_zps014d7589.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Speick cream bowl lathered
Simpson Milk churn best badger brush
Gillette 1936 Aristocrat Deluxe
Sputnik (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers lavender witch hazel
Speick aftershave

Amazing shave from the Aristocrat and the Sputnik :icon_razz:, not as aggressive as I imagined it might be, just efficient.
I think this razor will be off for a re-plate in the future. The Speick creams coming to an end a few more shaves left.

Brian
Hi Brian the thayers witch hazel you use. Is it a strong smell of lavender? I want to buy some but I was wondering if it smelt of lavender.

Greetings

Sunday 8th September 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Micromatic Flying Wing
Blade: GEM Blue Star carbon
Brush: Vie-Long Horse
Soap: Speick Stick grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A lovely shave.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04601.JPG

Mixing it up as I'm trying to get better at straight shaving too. Did a WTG pass with the 7/8 Frederick Reynolds (recent BST from Rob and what a cracking razor it is too!) then Cobra'd for the XTG and ATG with tidy ups.

Sounds Andrew Marr Show on Beeb 1

Pre Zirh Oil
Soap T & H Sandalwood Soap
Brush Rubberset 400 2 band
Razor As above
Blade Feather Pro
Post Zirh Soothe / Nivea Menthol Balm
Cologne Paco Rabanne XS

BBS form collar to ear - minimal burn!!

Off to Katies Tea Rooms for a Full English - Get in

Ratty

[attachment=8469]

Attachments

• IMG_8064.JPG
    IMG_8064.JPG
    422.9 KB · Views: 34
Gillette Slim
7 o'clock yellow
NF Tubby1 in super 2 band
TOBS Eton College
C&E Sienna asb
Armani Acqua di Gio cologne

Probably last shave with Slim for a while. Gives a lovely clean shave and easy to use. Time to rotate, maybe the Flaretip or something newer...

Vulfix Bodger
All Natural Soap Company Shaving Soap
#11H New, Wilkinson Sword SP
Mennen Green Tonic

Another of Eliza's test brigade here.

Jonboy001 said:
Hi Brian the thayers witch hazel you use. Is it a strong smell of lavender? I want to buy some but I was wondering if it smelt of lavender.

Hello jonboy

The Lavender scents there at first but fades quickly in a few minutes. Very pleasant to use is the Thayers doesn't sting or burn.

Regards Brian

Good afternoon friends! :)

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 27mm SIMPSON Polo PL 10 Best Badger
SOAP/CREAM: Jabonman - Brisa de Oriente (Gift of the Spanish 'Forum)
RAZOR: 6/8" Mastro Livi, Half hollow ground, Round Point (w/ Boxwood scales)
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla After Shave Lotion
RESULT: Great shave, BBS!

SOTD_LIVI_BIG_zps0959152c.jpg

Have a nice week,
Béla​

Simpson Chubby 1 Super 2 Band
Edwin Jagger Ivory Chatsworth
Personna Med
D.R. Harris Lavender Shaving Soap
Myrsol Agua Balsamica
Myrsol Emulsion

782sirbrian said:
Jonboy001 said:

Hello jonboy

The Lavender scents there at first but fades quickly in a few minutes. Very pleasant to use is the Thayers doesn't sting or burn.

Regards Brian
Thanks Brian I will give it a go :icon_razz:

782sirbrian said:
Saturday 7th September

Amazing shave from the Aristocrat and the Sputnik :icon_razz:, not as aggressive as I imagined it might be, just efficient.

Brian

That's my favorite open comb razor. Unusual head design that has a decent amount of bite, but is still a comfortable shaver. Heh, those teeth feel interesting on my face.

If I may mention, that razor's known as the 1934 type Aristocrat. One of only a few US made Gillettes with that handle knurling.

Martin

dodgy said:
782sirbrian said:
Saturday 7th September

Brian

That's my favorite open comb razor. Unusual head design that has a decent amount of bite, but is still a comfortable shaver. Heh, those teeth feel interesting on my face.

If I may mention, that razor's known as the 1934 type Aristocrat. One of only a few US made Gillettes with that handle knurling.

Martin

Thanks Martin I was dating it from Mr Razor's site. Mine's in the Gold case with matching blade container. So it could be from 1934 onwards how long did Gillette make this model ?
Regards Brian

Back
Top Bottom