S.O.T.D. Saturday 16th March to Friday 22nd March 2013

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Razor: C V Heljestrand M K 15
Cream: Castle Forbes Lime
AS: Stratos
Edt: Penhaligon's Castile
Result: Very, very clean :D

You don't see this model very often and it's a very nice blade, but it made me bleed out :(. Worst cut ever, from shaving in my case, blood was light and bubbly and I cut my PINKY, on the hand that didn't hold the razor (the cut was deep but very thin, so it sealed pretty good, but I had some nice CSI splash patterns on the bathroom wall). Never let your mind wander to much while shaving ;)
0041024x897_zpscfd8549b.jpg

[attachment=6827]

First shave with the UFO Kaiser this morning and it worked brilliantly with the EJ86 head. The handle isn't too heavy or too thick like some of the others IMO.
BBS results too.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363506511.748896.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363506511.748896.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 16
Used my unknown Bakelite razor today for the first time (seehere if you could help :angel:) with a new blade and a new soap.

Went for the Rapira swede and I can see what all the fuss is about. It was so so smooth, I barely felt it cutting the hairs. After one pass ATG I was damn close to smooth.

Prep: Shower, face scrub, lukewarm splash.
Brush: Omega boar
Soap: Tabac sample (thanks Sm304, I was bloody impressed!) bowl lathered
Razor: Bakelite (see above)
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel

Very smooth shave, the razor was a little light for my preferences, but the results show that it was a brilliant shave. Loved the tabac, I thought it smells wonderful too, and lathers up a treat, leaves my face feeling great, there isn't much not to like!

Think I'll be using the bakelite when I go on holiday later in the year. Nice and light, and comes with a nice box too :). Although that isn't light :icon_razz:.

Mikael said:
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Razor: C V Heljestrand M K 15
Cream: Castle Forbes Lime
AS: Stratos
Edt: Penhaligon's Castile
Result: Very, very clean :D

You don't see this model very often and it's a very nice blade, but it made me bleed out :(. Worst cut ever, from shaving in my case, blood was light and bubbly and I cut my PINKY, on the hand that didn't hold the razor (the cut was deep but very thin, so it sealed pretty good, but I had some nice CSI splash patterns on the bathroom wall). Never let your mind wander to much while shaving ;)
0041024x897_zpscfd8549b.jpg

Ouch

Morning, all.

Sunday:

Prep: Claus Porto Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 head with an iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum (1)
Brush: Wilko's cheapie
Shave soap: The Shave Den, Victorian Rose
A/S: Homebrew Rose splash
Cologne: Sensational Indulgences, Sandalwood

A very close, accidental BBS, shave though with a couple of nicks and a tiny amount of redness below the jawline (the new blade? the TSD soap? my bungling?). With the Yuma and Supermax there was no trace of skin trouble! Still, it's all calmed down now and I look as presentable as it's possible for me to look.

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (about 60?)
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2
Soap: Tabac stick

Swift and easy.

Sunday night. 2.5 days of growth

Proraso pre
MWF
Omega 37 boar
GEM OCMM
GEM coated blade
Thayer's original WH
Penhaligon's Endymion ASB

Sensational

[attachment=6828]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363528301.161258.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363528301.161258.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 23
Fully British shave, with a green tinge!

P3u5nMQ.jpg

Prep: Shower then cold rinse
Razor: EJDE89BL
Brush: Erasmic Bristle
Blade: NOS Perma-Sharp Super (made in Scotland)
Pre-Shave: Village Barber Oil
Soap: MWF
A/S: Homemade A/S (vanilla/menthol kind of scent)
Result: Very good 3 pass shave. Being Sunday, I took my time and ended up with fantastic results.

Greetings

Sunday 17th March 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick G8 Injector
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Cream: Body Shop Macca Root
Aftershave: Body Shop Macca Root Balm

Very nice shave.

Regards
Dick.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
'Webly'/Iridium
Murdock SC (thanks Carl)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Ungaro2 EdT (vintage juice)

Used this shaving cream again that was so nicely sent to me by Carl. Performance was very pleasant, with a fragrance that reminds me of gardenias (which I like). Cushion was fine and the slip was much better than usual. Took more product than I woulda thought for the amount of later created. I believe it's a UK made cream.

Heh, this old EdT is one of the more unusual frags I wear. I think this juice is from 1992, with plenty of pop left to it. Makes the neighborhood cats hiss at me when I'm near em. Must be that strong civet note causing the animal dominance thing. http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121629.html

BBS results,

Martin

Sunday 17th

sotd17313.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream scuttle lathered
Simpsons Harvard 4 best badger brush
Edwin Jagger head on custom chrome handle
Ladas (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

Clean, comfortable shave enjoying the Arlington cream and aftershave :icon_smile:

Brian

Sunday 03-17-13. : MUSIC: The Cure - Greatest hits.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjLMxSFNyl8[/video]

01f8fade-0c23-456a-beeb-95c940848540.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 1 best badger - Feather all stainless - Astra green #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Gibbs Nr.53 - Alum block - Toner Health & Aloe BIO - ASB Health & Aloe BIO - ASL Aubrey Organics City Rhythms.

Sunday:

Ingram's cream
Omega silvertip
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Gillette 7 o'clock Green
Witch Hazel
Proraso AS
Nivea Cool Kick ASB

Second go with the Ingram's, this time bowl lathered with my Omega silvertip. Great lather. BBS results, although with a bit of irritation.

Back
Top Bottom