S.O.T.D. Saturday 25th May to Friday 31th May 2013 ...

Re: RE: S.O.T.D. Saturday 25th May to Friday 31th May 2013 ...

dodgy said:
Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

Razor: Schick M? Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Platinum Plus

Super close and comfortable shave,

Great combo there,

If more new injector users tried this set up there would be lots more converts. Heh, as you found out, there's a world of difference between both the razors and blades.
Wish those blades were easier to come by.

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Henk walnut silvertip
New Standard with Astra Superior Stainless
SFH Aramis moisturising balm

Nice shave. Not the closest I've ever had but pretty good and enjoyable. This soap is pretty excellent (and I have another which is equally as good). There can't be many left in my stash I haven't tried.

Afternoon, gents.

Sunday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Schick Injector E3
Blade: Schick Injector (2)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Kiss My Face unscented
A/S: Professor Blighty's unscented
Cologne: TV, Perfume Parlour's take on Tabacco Vanille

Hmm. A much bitier shave than yesterday. Overconfidence due to a good first shave?
Nicks, irritation, and soreness which are gradually easing off. At least the skin's smooth, I suppose. From my reading of other posts I gather this injector has a taste for blood. Any advice from experienced injector users on how to manage an E3?

Still, the cologne's terrific.

Prep L'Occitane sandalwood soap
Razor Heljestrand Le Duc quarter hollow 13/16
Strop Kanayama cordovan #8000
Brush Rooney heritage stubby 2
Mitchell's wool fat
Alum & Witch hazel
L'Occitane rich cream moisturiser
Guerlain vetiver Edt

Jamie.

A very smooth two pass shave from the Duke.

Rob Dery said:
Afternoon, gents.

Sunday:

Hmm. A much bitier shave than yesterday. Overconfidence due to a good first shave?
Nicks, irritation, and soreness which are gradually easing off. At least the skin's smooth, I suppose. From my reading of other posts I gather this injector has a taste for blood. Any advice from experienced injector users on how to manage an E3?

Greetings Rob

I think it is just a fact of life that the E models are like that, aggressive but not hugely so but perhaps, unforgiving would be a much better term. I don't use mine very often for that reason. The strange thing is that the next series of models the G's are only just a little milder but IMHO hugely forgiving.

I am on record on this forum as saying that a drunken man wearing boxing gloves and smoking dope could get a good shave from a ' G' model Schick.

When everything is spot on the E model shaves fine, the slightest thing a little off and I get weepers. I like you have never been able to put together two good shaves in a row with the E Model! You are not alone.

Regards
Dick.

Sunday 05-26-13.

f6439dd2-1bde-4c67-8f10-ef4e5b7537e0.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran blonde badger 25X53 - Gillette Fat Boy - Iridium Super #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Calani Oriental Plum - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASB Institut de Karité - ASL Honeybee Gardens Bay Rum.

Norfolkdick said:
Blade: Gillette Platinum Plus

Greetings Martin

I did try the highest setting (8) but found it a bit fierce so I came down to 6 which for me seems about right. Those Gillette Platinum Plus injector blades are certainly very keen but are not 'angry blades' for want of a better expression, I class Feather DE blades as 'angry' they cut like mad but can make my face sore!

Regards
Dick.

Yep, I know what you're talking about regarding angry or laid back blades. Those old Gillettes are more forgiving of tiny screw ups, but still pretty damn sharp. Less room for error 'buffer' with a Feather DE blade than most others. I don't know if you'd pay the going rate of $1 or so per Gillette injector blade, but maybe you can at least see the attraction it might have.

Not to enable you in any way at all, but I found the old Tungsten Personna 74 blades even sharper and with more shaves per blade. They were actually too sharp for me (no buffer just like a Feather), and are amazingly popular. Now those can get expensive.......

Don't look for me to help pull you outta this particular rabbit hole.....quite the opposite.

Martin

Oh, have you seen THE COBRA injector razor? The beautiful piece of shaving crap that takes really really sharp blades? Yeah, the one that Paul and the Good Doctor have been flaunting around the forum in a suggestive way. Those look pretty interesting.

Martin Wrote

Oh, have you seen THE COBRA injector razor? The beautiful piece of shaving crap that takes really really sharp blades? Yeah, the one that Paul and the Good Doctor have been flaunting around the forum in a suggestive way. Those look pretty interesting.
[/quote]

Greetings
I'm waiting for Tall Paul to cut his lips off with it and sell it to me in a fit of temper!

Regards
Dick.

Norfolkdick said:
Rob Dery said:
Afternoon, gents.

Sunday:

Greetings Rob

I think it is just a fact of life that the E models are like that, aggressive but not hugely so but perhaps, unforgiving would be a much better term. I don't use mine very often for that reason. The strange thing is that the next series of models the G's are only just a little milder but IMHO hugely forgiving.

I am on record on this forum as saying that a drunken man wearing boxing gloves and smoking dope could get a good shave from a ' G' model Schick.

When everything is spot on the E model shaves fine, the slightest thing a little off and I get weepers. I like you have never been able to put together two good shaves in a row with the E Model! You are not alone.

Regards
Dick.

Many thanks for your comments, Dick. I'll keep shaving with the E3 this week with different soaps (I think that does make some difference to the end result) and keep the concentration level high. After all, the Welsh didn't forge a mighty empire by giving up easily, did they? Oh, hang on...

Sunday 26th May

sotd26513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream scuttle lathered
Kent BK8 brush
Gillette 1925 Old type
Polsilver super iridium (3)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

Clean shave today. It wasn't the best shave by a good way 2 weepers but nothing dramatic :icon_neutral:. It just didn't seem to be on form today my shave :s. I have a different razor and blade set up for tomorrows shave :icon_smile:.

Brian

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, green
New Forest 1901, Speick stick
ATT Titan M1, Permasharp (1)
Cold Splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave healer

Quite decent shave from the new M1 razor. The Weber is a better shaver... but the Titan is real purty.

Todays Shave

imagefaqk.jpg

Thiers Issard 6/8 Le Dandy
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS French Lavender
Old Spice Cologne
Old spice Aftershave splash

Results BSS WTG

Yes its the other crazy person in your life Marty, How lucky are you to have us? :icon_cheesygrin:
Mickey has given you a fabulous offer, I can't believe just how generous he is, I'd snatch that and run with it if I was you, otherwise the good Dr could see you weakening and seize his chance to feed your cobra monkey.

PS If you are going to play with Mickey's train set, just remember his mum likes him back indoors before dark, can I recommend a bib for Martin, you know how bad he gets with shaving cream...:D:D

Back
Top Bottom