S.O.T.D Saturday 2nd March to Friday 8th March 2013

Tuesday: I had a couple of days' growth this morning owing to requiring an amount of recovery time after my second shave with the Gem Clog-Pruf.

Proraso pre-post
Speick Soap / BK2 Brush
Gem Clog-Pruf SE with Gem Coated blade (3rd use)
DR Harris Marlborough aftershave
Neale's Yard Balm

Only had time for a two pass (WTG, XTG) shave this morning as I am taking a bit longer with this razor than I do with my DE. The finish was pretty good all things considered. It wasn't truly smooth (some way short of DFS) but the irritation was much reduced and I didn't end up overly patchy.

I am going to continue with this blade for a couple more uses to see what kind of longevity I get with it and then I think I'll return to DE for a few shaves to allow full recovery!

Prep: Hot Shower
Razor: Gillette Traveler (New)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp (Green)
Brush: Clem No.6 Butterscotch Bristle & Hair
Soap: La Toja Stick

Reassuringly vintage (for the most part of the hardware at least), leaving me with a nostalgic glow and a BBS.

Sir_eider said:
2ikqnnm.jpg

Pre hot towel + De Verguldehand shaving cream + Artisan TGN Finest 26 mm. brush + Gillette Contour with Soltech Feather #2 + Thayers Medicated + Mennen Grand Large with La Chinata balm

Second use of this Feather cartridge, this time I have found it a bit irritating with some nicks, don't know why... Anyway I got a close shave so I'll continue testing it.

Cheers!
Don't tell the lads I typed this :s but I used to have one of those back in the day,(minus the feather blades) hard to believe they are getting on for....dare I say this almost vintage, and with the original plastic tray, ding dong:s

Tuesday 5/3

33G & Lord (#1 and arivederchi Roma)
Ωμέγα Νο. 83
Mike's Natural, Unscented, stick.
AV (European)
Gucci Guilty after shave balm

782444acc4679dbb47aa22539113556b_zps61e93e35.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Polo 8
Razors: Iwasaki + GEM Micromatic (for head)
Soap: Cade + some Muhle cream (it fell out of the full bathroom cabinet and I thought it must have been meant for this shave :))
AS: Arko
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

0091024x649_zps111f1ea1.jpg

Merkur 37c slant
Feather (2)
Semogue SOC boar
Cella
Witch hazel
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Penhaligon's Castile

A much more comfortable shave with the slant than on Sunday. It's becoming a contender.

Prep: Cold Water Splash
Razor: FaTip with Weber Bulldog
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond #2
Brush: Neep 26x48 Stone Extra Silvertip
Soap: Lea Stick
AS: Speick Splash

Very nice 2 pass cold water face lather shave.

blade was nice on shave 2 as well, if i had known these were good blades last year, i would have taken advantage of the 350 for £6 deal from supermax!

N_Architect said:
Tuesday 5/3

33G & Lord (#1 and arivederchi Roma)
Ωμέγα Νο. 83
Mike's Natural, Unscented, stick.
AV (European)
Gucci Guilty after shave balm

782444acc4679dbb47aa22539113556b_zps61e93e35.jpg

Nice to see you back again, Konstantinos! Hope you're well.

Tuesday 5th March

Hot Shower and Facial Scrub
Vitos Pre/Post Cream
Revisor 6/8 Razor
Muhle 19mm Silvertip Fibre
Nannys Forest of Norway Soap
Simple Facial Toner
Organic Argan Oil
Forest Fresh AS
Morgan's Classic Cream
Brian's Own Moustache Wax

Excellent 3 pass shave

TUESDAY EVENING

Gillette President
Rapira Swede (2)
Neep Coral Sandstone brush
GFT coconut cream - a blob in the brush then face lathered
Witch hazel
Wilkie AS balm

First time of trying the 'blob of cream in a brush' method of face lathering. Worked very well too, but easier to get the right consistency in a bowl.

Nice shave with 'El Presidente' too. This is my back up on (having received a case beauty from Don) and I'm in two minds whether to release it back into the wild or not.

John said:
Sir_eider said:
2ikqnnm.jpg

Pre hot towel + De Verguldehand shaving cream + Artisan TGN Finest 26 mm. brush + Gillette Contour with Soltech Feather #2 + Thayers Medicated + Mennen Grand Large with La Chinata balm

Second use of this Feather cartridge, this time I have found it a bit irritating with some nicks, don't know why... Anyway I got a close shave so I'll continue testing it.

Cheers!
Don't tell the lads I typed this :s but I used to have one of those back in the day,(minus the feather blades) hard to believe they are getting on for....dare I say this almost vintage, and with the original plastic tray, ding dong:s

I used to have a Contour razor as well. Lidl used to sell a cartridge razor made of black metal like the Contour.

Back
Top Bottom