Same barber each time?

Does anyone use the same barber for their haircuts or even shaves?

I've had the same barber for ages and he's done a great job (hence why I've stuck with him!). But lately he's left the shop he worked at for a different career and I've struggled to get hold of him.

I'm tempted to go for someone new now, just wondering if anyone has used the same barber for over 5 years?

Don't suppose she lives in London and can do slightly longer styles of men's hair? Haha.

Lol no worries, before I couldn't imagine going to another barber but now its been almost 2 months since I've had a haircut and if I can't get hold of him in another month its going to get far too long!

2 different barbers? Wow, thought about this, might be good to have 2 different ones actually, but then I wouldn't get a consistent cut cos you keep switching between the 2 who might have differing perspectives.

There's a great old Greek guy I go to locally but struggling to find a sensibly priced one near where I work (near the gherkin in London). Plenty of barbers but don't want to pay £30

Same hairdresser/barber for the last 20odd years !
I say hair dresser in that he cuts hair but doesnt use any razors etc and no shaves offered. £8 a cut !

I now go to the local turk from time to time who does a full haircut and wet shave for £28! Currently on a 3 week shaving break so have a bit of a beard going on, but when it gets the chop it will be via a hair cut and wet shave at the turk ! :D

ATB

Matt

I went to one place for around 20 years - it was a little Unisex place a couple of roads up from home that had been there since the 60's. Just one bloke working there but back in the day he had more chairs and around 4-5 hairdressers working for him. Cheap, reliable and always eager to please but he had to close due to ill health. Shame.

Fortunately where I live now there's a Turkish barber opened up in the shopping centre and he's excellent. He often moans about the number of non-Turks who claim to be "Turkish Barbers"!

Its been over a month now since he was meant to cut it, so I've taken the plunge and booked in with a new barber tomorrow! Feel a bit nervous with a new barber but I guess I couldn't do much else if I couldn't get hold of my usual one. So, in my first appointment what signs should I be looking for?

Is he friendly and approachable? Can he hold a convo? What about his own personal appearance? etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom