Shave & Haircut - Top End

mpf9ret

Supporter
Supporter
Watched a documentary about historic shopping area off Picadilly in London- the St James area. Unbelievably pricey Jewellers and Tailors originating years ago, also Barbers shop Truefitt and Hill. Haircut and Shave around £110.

Bought a pair of clippers about 15 years ago wifey does mine for nowt

Best value £20 I ever spent

When you reach a certain state of hairloss or age the skinhead look is perfectly acceptable
Same here.
Wife does a number 4 on the sides and back and then I do what I can with what's left on the top.

Watched a documentary about historic shopping area off Picadilly in London- the St James area. Unbelievably pricey Jewellers and Tailors originating years ago, also Barbers shop Truefitt and Hill. Haircut and Shave around £110.
Back in the late 90’s, I used to work in King Street, St James’s - which is just around the corner from Jermyn Street and had a hair cut and shave in Geo F Trumpers, a couple of times and that was costing me £60-70 - for both at that time. In all honesty, it’s no different than what my local Turkish barber does for a lot cheaper.

In the past St James was probably more famous for tobacco and umbrellas than shaving. Back in the day when I smoked I used to buy cigars and pipe tobacco from JJ Fox until I discovered Samuel Gawith who sold direct - Skiff oriental blend pipe tobacco. Don't smoke these days though. I just twiddle my thumbs instead.

There are lots of Turkish barbers about these days who will give you a short back and sides and a decent straight razor shave without too many cuts for 25 quid or less.

In the past St James was probably more famous for tobacco and umbrellas than shaving. Back in the day when I smoked I used to buy cigars and pipe tobacco from JJ Fox until I discovered Samuel Gawith who sold direct - Skiff oriental blend pipe tobacco. Don't smoke these days though. I just twiddle my thumbs instead.

There are lots of Turkish barbers about these days who will give you a short back and sides and a decent straight razor shave without too many cuts for 25 quid or less.
Without too many cuts! You're really selling it to me!
:)

Paul

Back
Top Bottom