Shaving with an SE Wedge Blade

0b1563b29032ace4089d93e65322e4c1.jpg

What I can't see (in that case/set) is anywhere to put it. I wonder if it's twizzled up inside the handle?
That really is some set. The only thing I don't see is the honing attachment - It usually comes as an additional piece that fixes to the handle and holds the blade.
DSC_0182_zpsdzsflhoi.jpg

There is no honing attachment with this set because it has the Magnus Auto Strop..Mine is almost the exact same set as that one with slight different blade slots to keep the blades safe...o_O

Billy

Last edited:
Those C.V. Heljestrand razors are works of art. Can the hollow ground blades be used instead of ordinary SE blades in other SE razors?
I have shown some examples on this thread...These all take Hollow Ground Blades..I can tell you now though that there is nothing that I have shaved with to date that is fit to lick the boots off the C.V. Heljestrand & I have just about got them all..:D

Billy

They sure can. I have just had 2 honed by UkRob.

I have shown some examples on this thread...These all take Hollow Ground Blades..I can tell you now though that there is nothing that I have shaved with to date that is fit to lick the boots off the C.V. Heljestrand & I have just about got them all..:D

Billy

That's good to know, cheers. I'll get one at some point to try in my 1912 razors.

This stuff is confusing at first....There were basically 3 sorts of Single Edge blades..:eek:

1. Hollow Ground Blade SEs ...Early Lather Catchers & Hoe Razors..etc
2. SEs that took a stropping blade...Later lather catchers,1912, 1914, 1924.. etc
3 SEs that took a Modern Gem blade ...Micromatic Family and subsequent razors

That's it in a Nutshell..The 1912 you are using was designed for a Stropping blade...The modern Gem blade fits it cause its roughly the same size..The first SE that took the Modern Gem blade was the Gem Open Comb Micromatic on 1929/1930 and subsequent Gem Razors...Here is a link that shows the Older Stropping Blades...:p

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj5sKfjxq_KAhWMWBQKHbz8B0IQFggoMAI&url=http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=3330&usg=AFQjCNHzj6uomLEA2R-DSXej2oRRqmGIRQ

Billy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom