Show us your boars!

https://www.tvbshaving.com/zenith-custom.html

I like the idea of custom boar brushes
Zenith were making some boar and badger brushes in a beautiful ceramic handle.....not cheap but very nice indeed but all I can find out there is the badger ones and the chap selling them said he didn't know if they were still producing the handles, a shame because they look fab.

I use Boar and synthetic brushes almost exclusively. Very seldom use Badger. I would be embarrassed to photograph my boars as I have almost all the semogue boars available. I have never used the painted ones as I have been worried about destroying the finish. I also only use boars with soaps. Will post photos soon when my better half is out. She doesnt need to see how many I have!

I use Boar and synthetic brushes almost exclusively. Very seldom use Badger. I would be embarrassed to photograph my boars as I have almost all the semogue boars available. I have never used the painted ones as I have been worried about destroying the finish. I also only use boars with soaps. Will post photos soon when my better half is out. She doesnt need to see how many I have!
I am looking forward to seeing this Semouge collection of yours, don't worry about the finnish on the painted ones though, I have been using my 1305 for ages and unless you drop your brushes the paint isn't going anywhere. What's your number one Semouge? :)

I am looking forward to seeing this Semouge collection of yours, don't worry about the finnish on the painted ones though, I have been using my 1305 for ages and unless you drop your brushes the paint isn't going anywhere. What's your number one Semouge? :)

Difficult to answer....Probably the SOC Boar and then the 1250 or 830 or 1800 or 1470 or whatever I feel like on the day! I have only one pure badger Semogue...the SOC and then of course the Badger/boar mixes. The Caravella is a lovely brush and I also use the 2012 SOC SE and the TSN 2012 LE.

My humble collection.Brushes.JPG
Left to right: Semogue: 1305,1470,830,1438. Erasmic: Boar bristle. Wilkinson Sword:Boar bristle.
Every month i wash & scrub them with a old toothbrush in a mild solution of washing up liquid and a small amount of white vinegar,then condition them with Cien Tea tree hair conditioner, which leaves them smelling nice, and workable.

They are all wonderful working brushes once broken in IMHO, my joint favourites would the Semogue: 1305 & 1470 both brushes i find are good for face or bowl lathering, with either soap or creams. I love my boar brushes.;)

Last edited:
My humble collection.View attachment 26878
Left to right: Semogue: 1305,1470,830,1438. Erasmic: Boar bristle. Wilkinson Sword:Boar Bristle.
Every month i wash & scrub them with a old toothbrush in a mild solution of washing up liquid and a small amount of white vinegar,then condition them with Cien Tea tree hair conditioner, which leaves them smelling nice, and workable.

They are all wonderful working brushes once broken in IMHO, my joint favourites would the Semogue: 1305 & 1470 both brushes i find are good for face or bowl lathering, with either soap or creams. I love my boar brushes.;)
iv just ordered the 1305 to add to my collection ;)

Gentlemen .... may I have your attention, please.

When I have a look on some of your brushes shown in your images, I have to say you won´t win any pig breeder competition with that. I am shocked about this dire conditions. Some piggies looking like dogs which came out of the water and shaked their fur. There is a serious lack of discipline and diligence !!!

Here is an easy and cheap solution for that issue everyone will find in his household. Take the inner cardboard part of an unused role of lavatory paper, fold it and cut some triangles into the edges. Bringing back the role in its old round shape you get some rhombuses which are now ventilation holes, like shown in the image below. After you have used your shaving brush, shake the most water out and put it into the cardboard role, knot upwards, for one day. Than let it dry for another one or two days in the air. That role will fit most of all shaving brushes and their handles.

Both boar shaving brushes below shown the result you will get.
Brave and well trimmed little soldiers ready for their next service !!!

Fall out !!! ;):D

View attachment 26880

You have embarrassed me :oops: and I will now be using your great tip to smarten up my boars

cheers ;)

Back
Top Bottom