Single edge razor of the day.

General Steel
Feather Pro

IMG-20231030-163945-01.jpg

Sun 5th November

Though it is limited to use of Feather Blades my original Alpha Claymore Evolution, really gives me a nice close Shave with a Proguard blade. It allows me to work merrily away at getting rid of last stubborn whiskers, without going too deep and incurring nicks/ weepers as one might with unguarded blades.

IMG_0238.jpeg

English preferred. Definitely not German.
Do that and I may show you my Brazilian
I like the vintage English and the Classic Wilkinson Sword German.

"The German made blades have nothing to do with the others.
They're made in Solingen by Edgewell and are widely distributed in Europe, also available in the USA. In Europe they come in a couple of different grades, I guess, there is an economie and a classic, and I've never heard anyone say anything good about the economie blades. Most of what's out there are the Classic blades. I use those regularly because they are sold in stores local to me. I find them sharp, smooth, and durable.

The WS name belongs to Gillette elsewhere in the world. India / China blades are intended for distribution in India; they are a midrange blade there below the 7OC Super Platinum and commonly sold to barbers. I don't know those blades well but people who use them find them smooth and effective but not particularly durable. On the other hand, they're so inexpensive it's not much of an issue.

Gillette also produces WS blades for the South American markets in Brazil, but those rarely find their way out of South America."

I won't buy anything from modern day Gillette.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom