SOTD Sat 17th - Fri 23rd Nov 2012

Merkur 39C
Polsilver - super iridium (1)
Vulfix 404 Bodger
Cella
Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera moisturiser

not had a shave for 4 days so i got out the big guns - an excellent shave from the sledgehammer and the polsilver. I've been using some dodgy blades of late (Trig, anyone?) so it was a pleasure to have a smooth sharp shave. my intention is just to use polsilvers when i've used up my stash of dreadful 'newbie' blades.

Feels good, man.

Axe Denim shaving cream
Progress on 1.5, 1 with Super Iridium
Edwin Jagger tortoiseshell bristle
Superdrug Forest Fresh a/s

Really good. BBS!
Like the liquorice scent of the Denim then slapping on the Forest Fresh and bracing myself for a bit of a sting. Not too bad though.

One alarming moment when I swooped the Progress up my cheek and it got just a little to close to my eye socket for comfort. That's something to be aware of in the future!

dodgy said:
I saw that acquisition of yours........very purty thang. Almost made me get mine outta the arsenal, but it didn't call to me quite enough.

I can see why that one would attract you. Kinda like a mini Aristo, but still with all the classy detail. The one I have seems to be a bit aggressive for regular use. The head reminds me of that US made 1934 type, which I normally like.

Congrats on the nice looking addition to your arsenal.

Martin

I think I've had a few funny turns recently Martin. Have lost an Aristocrat #15 and and Aristocrat #66 Deluxe (fortunately had both backed up) but gained a Leresche 77 and a Pop.

Swings and roundabouts as us Brits say.

My other Pop shaves really well too. I'd go so far to say that these work better for me than a #15 TBH, though they lose a few points on the purdiness scale.

Mikael said:
dodgy said:
Dr. Dittmar SS
This soap always reminds me of the Moos. Somewhat similar fragrance and very good performance.

I dunno Martin, but if you say you think it reminds you of the Moos I've to take your word for it. Cheers for the heads up!

Yeah it's nice stuff Mikey. This comes in a two pack and isn't the same as some other Dr Dittmar stuff like Gold Dachs and Rivivage SS. Those are good too, but this soap (raiserseifen) works the best for me.

Worth a look buddy.......

Attachments

• 1315260.jpg
    1315260.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 12
Saturday 11-17-12.

Afeitado_2012-11-17-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Kimson de España silvertip - Feather vintage safety razor - Gillette Platinum #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Weleda - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Weleda - ASL Weleda.

A spectacular full Weleda shave, very pleasant.

A friend is doing a little repair on a few of my latest acquisitions and lent me this stunning beauty.

Iberia 8/8 Bassat, S.A., Barcelona
TOBS Avocado shaving cream
Kent restored knot brush
Bombay Sapphire G&T

[attachment=6025]

Attachments

• Iberia 8:8-2.jpg
    Iberia 8:8-2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 18
Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 23 mm Vie-Long 16510 Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush
SOAP/CREAM: Castle Forbes Shaving Cream Levender Essential Oil
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 6/8" Le Talisman / PEROUX-COGNET, Thiers
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Castle Forbes After shave Balm
COLOGNE: Eau de Cologne LAVANDA Ach. Brito
RESULT: Great shave, BBS

SODT_TALISMAN_B-6.jpg

Have a nice week,
Béla​

Prep L'Occitane Cedarwood soap
Razor Vintage Maxotte High Grade 5/8 Full hollow
Brush Simpson Chubby1 in Super
Cream Simpson
Alum & Witch Hazel
Neroli Moisturiser
Penhaligon's Castile Edt

Jamie.

A lovely smooth two pass shave three days growth wiped out in an instant.

fotoflexer_photo-5.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Le Tuft w Simpson 22 mm silvertip and horn handle
Razor: Erik Anton Berg w custom horn scales
Soap: Cade
AS: La Toja Manantiales
Edt: Penhaligon, Castile
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean indeed :D

These lovely scales where made by UKRob, thank you brother, they mach the razor perfect (which took a very nice edge, the steel is top notch and the grind is a lovely thin and delicate full hollow)! Was a perfect match for my custom Le Tuft brush w Abalone base :D
0011024x693.jpg

Today, a deluxe shave!

5ane6e.jpg

Pre Veleiro soap + Floris JF shaving soap in bowl + Omega boar + Gillette Super Adjustable with Gillete Platinum + Dino Gaetan splash with Proraso balm + Floris JF EdT

A good shave with the lovely scent of JF range (my favourite from Floris). A shame that shaving soap hasn't remarkable properties, Floris should be make an arrangement with Mitchells Wool Fat to add their scents to them instead.

Cheers!

Sunday Morning

Good shave this morning, but all seems a bit worthless now.

Prep: Hot Shower
Cream: Eton College
Brush: Neep 26mm Extra Silvertip in Soapstone
Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)
Razor: EJ DE86
A/S: TOBS Eton College

My boy wasn't very lively this morning, didn't really want to get out of bed to go to pee. He also wouldn't take his pills, the slice of beef wasn't tempting enough.

Half an hour later he came and laid down at my feet for the final time.

I'm going to miss him so much. RIP Lewis.

Lewis.jpg

Back
Top Bottom