Musgo Real ASB

P1070116.jpg

Boots Freshwood bowl shaving soap
Henk walnut silvertip
Open Comb New head on Global Needz handle
Vintage Scottish Permasharp (3rd go)
Boots Freshwood a/s
Boots Freshwood balm

Very good indeed. This blade, despite its long service, was great in this frankenrazor and really intuitive to get the best out if it.

Mikael said:
dodgy said:
... The Gentlemens Quarter 'Leatherneck' extrait (extinct)

Are you sure about that? Just asking, heard of red necks and so, but never leathernecks ... Are those/you guys old mountain people (they seem so happy when you see them on TV and film, I kind of envy you, Martini, such a joy full and care free life)?

Hiya Unca Mikey! Always a treat when you post in my general direction.

Well seeing as how you're a foreigner blasted all the time on cloudberry brandy, it's not surprising you never hearda the term 'leatherneck' before. Nope, nothing to do with my buddies I hang out with (the 'wood people'), but instead is a slang term for a US Marine.

The woman who made this now extinct juice (Colleen) is world famous over at SRP. Usta have some wonderful shaving soaps for sale.........sigh. Also a truly nice person who will hopefully one day get things going again. This scent was available in a soap and cream as well as the extrait and is one of the best frags I have ever huffed.........ever. The small one ounce bottle was the only size offered, of which mine is almost empty after rationing it out for three years or so.

Here's a few related links:
http://www.peredepierre.com/2009/12/leatherneck-gentlemans-quarter.html

I believe you would like this movie because it's described by the announcer as "A romantic story of infinite tenderness". Sounds good eh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ildavvnvwxw

Your buddy,

Martini

Sunday:

LEA Sensitive cream
Omega silvertip
Tech/Weber Bulldog
Feather
Witch Hazel
Barbershop Bay Rum
Nivea Anti-irritation ASB
DR Harris Marlborough EdC

Very nice shave, nice to use a mild razor with a sharp blade. BBS results.

MachM said:
Sunday:

Tech/Weber Bulldog

Very nice shave, nice to use a mild razor with a sharp blade. BBS results.

That combo sounded so good I used the 1954 dated Tech head/vintage Wilkinson blade with the Weber long handle this morning. Great no drama shave, with the custom handle making a positive difference as to how it feels in my hand.

Heh, I can't remember the last time I used a Tech and I can once again see the attraction it has for lots of people.

Martin

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Savile Row badger
1954 Webtech/Wilkinson Light Brigade (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Caron Yatagan AS (1970s....worth the burn)
Caron 'yatagan' EdT (1970s.........bring on the celery cannons!)

Very nice shave with the Tech head/Weber handle frankenrazor. Gotta be years since last using a Tech of any kind and it reminded me of the beloved Stahly head in some positive ways. That substantial handle does make the Tech more fun to use.

Man, this old juice is something. I will get this old AS/EdT combo out very seldom and today was the day. Really really nice stuff, although the current version is very pleasant.

BBS results,

Martin

Sunday afternoon 31/03

EJ DE89
Simpsons 57 brush with feather blade
Simpsons pre shave oil
Cella soap
Cold rinse with alum
TOBS Herbal aftershave cream
YSL Oud Absolu EDT - love that stuff!

First use of the 57 brush, seems fantastic but smelled like dead animal!

Tom

Sunday 31st March

sotd31313.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Nanny's Citrus zinger hard soap scuttle lathered
Simpson's POLO 10 best badger brush
Edwin Jagger head with custom chrome handle
Polsilver super iridium (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Myrsol Lemon aftershave

Clean, comfortable shave with a fresh lemon zing from the aftershave
lovely :angel:

Brian

I find the Sottish blades better than I initially thought. How many have you used now?

I would quite like open comb but not sure of choice, price, availability. Vintage have New and 7O'Clock, is that right?

Modern Picolo?

Any suggestion Mr notthestig?.

Glad you still like blades!

NotTheStig said:
Boots Freshwood bowl shaving soap
Henk walnut silvertip
Open Comb New head on Global Needz handle
Vintage Scottish Permasharp (3rd go)
Boots Freshwood a/s
Boots Freshwood balm

Very good indeed. This blade, despite its long service, was great in this frankenrazor and really intuitive to get the best out if it.

They're great blades. Think I've used five or six now, all with at least three good shaves from each.

I have only used vintage open combs - Old Type, New Improved and New. The way the head screws straight onto the handle on those first two means the New is the only way to go. It is a good design but arguably works best when there's more stubble and a gentle touch, but this is coming from my usual preference for milder razors like the Fatboy and Tech

2 days' growth unusually yet again.

Weber polished with bulldog
Personna blue (3)
MWF F.L.
Finest badger
Alum
Clarins energizing apres rasage

Have a blessed and Happy Easter!

Evening, everyone.

Sunday:

Prep: Claus Porto Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: QED Lemon and Cedar
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Rive Gauche

Excellent shave.

Back
Top Bottom