SOTD: Saturday 1 June - Friday 7 June 2024.

SOTD: 1st June 2024.

5.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap Bar.
Blade: Personna PTFE SS Injector.(D1)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Setting 4)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Davidoff Cool Water ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend & month off in style.

I haven't gave much attention to the Parker InjRzr for quite some time.

The design of the injector razor is wonderful they are solidly built to hold the blade firm & rigid in the razor head with no movement making the shaving experience feel safe comfortable, and smooth with no blade chatter, and very easy to adjust to finding the right shaving angle.

This morning I used the Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap Bar like a shave stick rubbing it directly into my stubble then started to build up a lather with my wet brush adding more water to the tips of the brush continued building the lather until i got it to the consistency i like, adding more water to the tips of brush in-between each pass.

Another close comfortable efficient combined face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

2024-06-01-08-15-37-590~3.jpg
starting off tech June with the prettiest of mine and it gave me a 10/10 shave.

I'm going to rotate through my techs for the month, trying different blades but keeping the brush, cream and aftershave constant.

I'm not too sure how I like this brush compared to my other yaqis so thought it would be a good idea to spend a month giving it a good evaluation. it's a little smaller at 22mm and stiffer than my 24mm yaqis which makes it good for soaps but also a bit more scrubby and exfoliating on the skin. though synthetics don't break in like boars, it might soften a little bit like my others have. I think the handle might be a copy of a chubby 1? it's a little small for my hands, it got slippery today since water and lather seemed to leak out of the knot a bit and the base does a weird suction thing on the counter where it slides on a layer of water but sticks a little when you try to pick it up. the bottom is too flat and smooth so maybe it needs some texture or a little dip for some air. all not big things and I'm sure I'll get used to them over the month.

performance on this cream is top notch. I used way too much with a thumb sized blob and it just kept taking more water so I ended up with lather for about three head shaves. that might also be due to the smaller brush. I'll try a pea sized amount next time. the scent is really fresh and powdery, citrussy, sherbetty. it's the same manufacturer as the Nivea cream and reminds me of it but I like the scent on this better. the lather was very slick and yoghurty and hydrated.

the blade was nice and sharp but comfortable, brut was lovely as always and I feel great on this fresh, really sunny morning. what a perfect shave to start off the summer.

Today's shave:

rdt240601.jpg

- Noble Otter Jasmine Green Tea
- Oumo Exceed Lotus 2-Band
- Mühle Hexagon with Feather blade
- Myrsol Agua Balsamica aftershave

:D

01/06/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Palmolive Classic Cream
Razor - Blackland Brassbird
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk 23 (1).jpg
The return of the Boar brushes(y).
I added a bit more cream than normal just to ensure the brush behaved itself and was rewarded with copious amounts of slick, thick lather.
The Brassbird performed flawlessly, it is a crackin razor.
Enjoy your summer Saturday all.

1 June

Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Cadman M55
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

BE2C87A8-123D-4C39-AA35-9B7B2DDA91CE.jpeg
A super smooth and comfortable two passes for a great Saturday shave. The new formula Wool Fat after a slightly underwhelming first couple of shaves is firmly hitting its stride with a very nice lather again this morning. Excellent.

Saturday 1st June

Soap ▪︎ Lea Stick
Brush ▪︎ Maggatd 26mm Synth
Razor • Edwin Jagger DE89-BL
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Jovan Musk Aftershave

Away from home at my son's house, and forgot to bring any shaving kit.
Lucky for me he shaves properly, and had a good choice of kit to borrow.
I hadn't used a DE89 for a good number of years, and it didn't disappoint with a fresh GSB on board.
Lea Stick (old fat formula) was very quickly coaxed in to a very usable lather that provided ample glide and protection.
My first time using Jovan Musk. I like that it isn't too strongly scented - quite reserved.

Enjoy the weekend everyone

Last edited:
Saturday 1st June
Used my flat top again today, this time with a Personna USA blade.
Soap was RR Emperor, brush badger reknot butter scotch handle.
This razor is amazing, yesterday’s first shave with it was good but today’s was fantastic, my skin is still bbs 6 hours after shaving. Yes, it is aggressive so probably not for everyday use but anyway I love it and it will get a lot of use.
Have a great weekend fellas!

IMG_9179.jpeg

1/6/24

Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - Omega/GFS The Hog
Razor - Gillette ball end Tech
Blade - Gillette Nacet
AS - Williams Aqua Velva

1000015510.jpg

First shave of the month for 'Tech June-kies'. I couldn't find a thread for this year, @pjgh have you started one? It shouldn't be too much work to just use Techs, I think I use them for a significant proportion of my shaves already.

As ever a Nacet in a Tech is a pretty solid combination, as was the Omega/Arko one too. Time tested classics.

Have a good weekend gents.

Back
Top Bottom