SOTD: Saturday 1 June - Friday 7 June 2024.

SOTD 20240601
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Antique wooden Bowl
Brush: Leonidam Doge 2-Band flat top
Soap: Proraso
Razor: Yates 921 TI OC-M
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Proraso

SOTD-20240601.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Tech June-kies

Saturday 1st June

AP1GczMAbpTgBzItQqfkToVUz8-QRPiNCOP9BTSwoR66guxBBzXPKw7D5MTjwKRdWrJ2VLDtAqv5knRsWS4jNwgLq6psp9DRJJun2mn3HzYJoniSiL76D_nJPG2YMF7cg5G33ynBtLdODB12GIH7mC4w0RniWQ=w800

The White Company Aspen Shaving Bowl & Omega 10108 w/DSC Neon Handle
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/Weber Stainless Handle & BIC Chrome Platinum
Ach Brito Agua de Colonia Antigua

Kicking off Tech June-kies 2024 with my favourite of all the Techs, the posh flat-bottom known as the Hybrid.

First go with this new to me soap (now discontinued) The White Company shaving bowl for the first time and it's a good 'un! The scent is called Aspen and it's Sandalwood, Amber, Clove & Cardamom with Green Leaf & Begamot which to my nose is practically bob-on Floris Santal. Was there a Santal shaving soap from Floris? I don't think there was but there should have been ... but this is it, regardless. Furthermore, I believe it is a Broad Oak formulation which puts it considerably in common with Floris of the day (mid-2010s?) and looking at some of the smaller ingredients at the far end of the list actually puts this soap very close to C&E's colourful West Indian Limes & Moroccan Myrrh vintage. Word for word, it's the same as Woods of Windsor if you bought one of theirs back in the day.

Damn good!

... oh, and if you were interested in the brush you can read about it right here: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/another-successful-piggy-hair-transplant.59744/

First shave of the month for 'Tech June-kies'. I couldn't find a thread for this year, @pjgh have you started one? It shouldn't be too much work to just use Techs, I think I use them for a significant proportion of my shaves already.

Right here matey!

SOTD: 2nd June 2024.

6.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Monsavon Au Lait Shaving Soap.
Blade: Treet Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Parker 94R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./David Beckham Instinct ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Monsavon Au Lait as always provided me with a wonderful protective slick lather for the shave leaving an excellent post shave feel.

The Treet Platinum paired up with the Parker 94R wonderfully. I'll be using the Treet Platinum & Dura Sharp (Carbon) blue pack through out the month, as I find both to be exceptionally smooth & efficient with acceptable longevity and have yet to have any QC issues with both blades

A close comfortable 2 pass +pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

2024-06-02-08-29-39-753~4.jpg
really enjoyable, comfortable shave. the modern MIC super blue tech head gives a really solid, smooth shave. it'd be hard to pick a favourite tech in terms of performance. even the currently manufactured ones are fantastic. the blade is held really securely and perfectly centred by the corner tabs, the plate and cap don't feel overly light or pot metal but it's still nice and thin and maneuverable. would highly recommend getting one for the head and replacing the long plastic handle with something shorter and heavier. a fantastic, cheap, consistent, modern razor. perfect for a travel razor since it can be easily replaced. I'll be using my 70s one tomorrow but I think this is almost exactly the same.

20240601_190144.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Goodfellas Smile Wild hog.
Soap Mitchell's Wool Fat new formula.
Razors La Faulx.
Blade Kai Titan mild Blue (8).
Post shave Johnny Bravo love potion.
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Scandal.

This is in fact yesterday's shave.
I think I actually prefer the new MWF formulation as creating a great lather is dead easy compared to the old formulation but it is missing the scent, I guess you can't have it all.
I am not sure why but every time I mention or use the Wild hog brush, I think of the movie.
Jack Nicholson Cult Movie GIF by Filmin

It's a great brush & movie so I'm glad this place enabled me, good decision gents.
The La Faulx razor gave a top drawer shave leaving me with a bbs finish, every time I use it I get a little better performance out of it. I cannot thank @jphelan81 enough for loaning me it to try out, the razor is far from cheap to buy and there is nothing worse than spending hard earned money to be disappointed and this negates that and I can now make an informed decision.
I am now bbs and look my usual omg so handsome self.
Toodles
Jump Goodbye GIF by Aakash Malhotra

Back
Top Bottom