SOTD: Saturday 1 June - Friday 7 June 2024.

Tech June-kies

Sunday 2nd June

AP1GczP2oev8eKcYzMPoQvJqySEzoqDdLwbqiYlHdKqAdGN2bnL6rfx0z_UliFQdtbP1pANzHPe0eMbFD4tB47WmGpLHEIz1HWLWLuC--yqivNZ3DBGxavcqFySRKhlVp-fflgzOzlFNlzjg9vNrVANXF68Ufw=w800

The White Company Aspen Shaving Bowl & Omega 10108 w/DSC Neon Handle
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/Weber Stainless Handle & BIC Chrome Platinum (4)
Ach Brito Agua de Colonia Antigua

20240602_180013.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Hot shower.
Brush Omega Italian flag Boar.
Soap Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather.
Razors Leaf & Blackland vector Lite plate.
Blade Kai Titan mild Blue (9).
Post Shave Johnny Bravo love potion.
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Scandal.

My Bristle is tainted pink from the Trumpers rose, I am glad I didn't risk using the Cadman Cashmere, I hope it will come out after a few uses.
as for the first run out with my new Lite plate on the Vector, all I have to say unless it was just a lucky shave for now is this.

Neil Degrasse Tyson Mind Blown GIF

SOTD Sun 2 Jun 2024

An outing for an old Tech, shave
985B5741-F489-493A-99F4-FFD06AD9054A.jpeg
Prep - hot shower, face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic green bowl
Cream - Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm tuxedo
Razor - Gillette Tech (70’s aluminium NOS)
Blade - Racer Platinum Class (1)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse
Splash - homemade (witch hazel and essential oils), Forest Fresh ASL
Balm - Nivea Replenishing PSB

My first entry for Tech June-kies was quite successful. The Racer blade seemed to go well with the elderly razor and the Maca Root and Sagrada combo gave a slick, cushioning lather for them to work with. Smooth and close result, maybe not quite as close as my Muhle but it’s early days (only about the third time I’ve used the Tech since purchased last year). Might try it with a different handle next time. I found fitting and removing the blade a trial, with the razor’s lightness and my tremors at about half throttle. But all was well eventually and my face feels and smells great now!

9B6E36CF-5FE0-4C1A-BD3A-8819B1AD5027.jpeg
You mean that razor is older than me?
In both human and dog years, yes.
Bet it can’t catch squirrels though.
Neither can you.
Not the point, I could, potentially!

Southern Witchcraft’s “Lycanthropy”
Wolfwhiskers Abyss 26mm ubersoft 2
C V Hejstrand 9/16ths full hollow
Nivea crème de barbear

Slow relaxing shave removing a four days old man’s beard with two passes to get the job done, struggled with the bristles around the lips don’t know if that due to the lack of width and weight of the little razor. BBS result finished with a thin application of the balm. Now applying after sun to my right knee and shin where the sun caught it yesterday afternoon whilst enjoying a BBQ.

SOTD 03-Jun
1000027564.jpg
Brush: Oumo Big Hand Ex ST-1
Soap: HoM Shire 2
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige ++
Blade: GEM PTFE

For today's theme, where's the beef? The intent being to shave with something that contains another animal fat, in this instance Duck (hence stealing my daughter's bath toy!). I'm sure I could have employed plenty of other efforts, but I was determined to get this set into this month's calender.

I love the Shire scent and I was chuffed to bits that I managed to get the EDP the other week. Paired with the excellent Vestige led to a cracking shave.

Smooth and smelling good, hope everyone has a good'un.

Cheers

Marc

Prep: Aleppo soap massage
Razor: 1970s Aluminium Tech
Blade: NOS 1970s Wilkinson Sword (#3)
Brush: Yaqi Segrada 24mm
Soap: La Toja Stick
Feels like this NOS Wilkie is on the way out after only three shaves (six passes). I seem to remember these doing 10+ shaves with no issue. Maybe it's just that my wizened old skin is more fragile now! Different Tech/blade combo tomorrow.

Monday 3 June
Razorine Flat Boy
Personna USA super platinum
Vintage badger
Proraso

A comparison shave today with the modern Razorine flat blade after my vintage German flat blade a few days ago. The main difference is that the Razorine feels a milder razor by comparison to the vintage one. The oc nature of the latter compared to the sb of the former might be a key factor, hard to say. However, both are excellent at delivering a bbs finish with minimum fuss. I’ll leave you all to ponder why flat bladed de razors haven’t caught on anywhere near as much as the ubiquitous curved blade de razor. I’m thinking flaties are easier and cheaper to produce than curved surely?
Have a great week fellas!

IMG_0625.jpeg

View attachment 121124

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Hot shower.
Brush Omega Italian flag Boar.
Soap Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather.
Razors Leaf & Blackland vector Lite plate.
Blade Kai Titan mild Blue (9).
Post Shave Johnny Bravo love potion.
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Scandal.

My Bristle is tainted pink from the Trumpers rose, I am glad I didn't risk using the Cadman Cashmere, I hope it will come out after a few uses.
as for the first run out with my new Lite plate on the Vector, all I have to say unless it was just a lucky shave for now is this.

Neil Degrasse Tyson Mind Blown GIF
My vector lite polished is on the way. I am looking forward to it to be honest. If it’s what I want it to be. Then the ROD is going straight onto the market. Fingers crossed. It’s 11/10.

New York Lol GIF by Lifetime

Great Victoria Desert Shave

Tvl007r.jpg

Prep: Jack Black Turbo Wash, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Kapo Fresh
Razor: ATT S1
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Post: Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Scent: Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge EDT

Very nice desert shave.

Just a simple, quick two pass plus touch-ups with a used Shark blade.
Haven't used the Marine aftershave lotion for a while. I really like it despite its fleeting scent. It's cheap enough that I can splash it on liberally without worrying.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Neo Lux Schrägschnitt
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Lather: Palmolive shave stick
Aftershave: Lynx/Axe Marine

Back
Top Bottom