SOTD: Saturday 1 June - Friday 7 June 2024.

6 June

Martin de Candre Original
Plisson synthetic
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Proraso Sensitive balm
Terre de Hermès

F21FA742-9BFC-457D-9421-DA40E01FC6AA.jpeg
A wonderful shave this morning. The Plisson created a lovely Martin de Candre lather and the Tatara did the rest. A close, comfortable and most of all enjoyable shave this morning. Better yet, there is still another shave in the Feather!

06/06/24
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - Proraso Wood & Spice
Razor - Blackland ERA L3 - Shimmed
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Musk
Wk 23 (6).jpg
Another crackin shave with the ERA, i really like this concept and hoped for more 3D printed designs, ah well fingers crossed.
Enjoy your day all.

I've forgotten how many uses this Kai Pink has on it. 3 passes to DFS (must end while stocks last!) There was a mild irritation on one cheek which I put down to having caught the sun rather badly on Sunday...

I also used this Semogue Heritage Traditions boar yesterday and it sucked up a bit of lather, though the Tabac tallow soap still did the bizzo. I washed it in baby shampoo (hey, I'll have a baby sham) and now it's producing lather like it identifies as a synthetic! Chuffed with the soap.
20240606_131940.jpg

Razor - Timor
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Brush - Simpson Captain
Lather - Cella

The result was very good but required a third pass. I’m beginning to suspect that the Timor is not quite as efficient (aggressive?) as the EJ89. After a considered “getting to know you” period with the EJ I may have moved on a bit. I may try this blade in the EJ next time.

IMG_0151.jpeg

A couple of shaves to catch up on and both amazingly appearing in the correct week. And these will arrive via your pixels and themed, 'Showing you my two fluffy balls'

Aren't pixels great?

Tuesday

20240604_204944.jpg

Occams Enoch - Feather Super Professional - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo - Bath House Spanish fig and nutmeg - L'Occitane Cade balm - Floris No.89

Wednesday

20240605_180227.jpg

Stainless Mongoose - Feather Professional - PAA Peregrino - Signature Londinium - Collagen - Floris Limes

Is there something strange here?

Sod that. Have some Aldious

Thursday 6th June
Colonel Schick brought out for today’s shave, viz, the remarkable repeater, around 100 years old and still delivering a close shave with a new Schick blade. Floris 1730 soap, creamy, smooth and delicious scent. Zenith brush, soft gentle on the old fizog.
Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0639.jpeg

IMG_0486.JPG

For non-Americans this is the Assured for Men 3 piece razor and blades available in our Dollar Tree store for oddly enough $1.25 ( razor and 5 blades ).

This was an adventurous shave. The blade exposure on that thing is notable. Blade feel is ummmm, noticeable. That said I ended up with a Socially Acceptable Shave, and only a few small weepers. Irritation is at a barely noticeable minimum. I've had far worse shaves with better razors and blades.

Assured 3 piece razor
Assured blade
Omega 11137 Boar brush
Zingari Man Mousse Illuminee soap ( lovely )
Skin Bracer AS
Thayers Milky Toner ( appreciated comfort )
Bergamot and Neroli Cologne

View attachment 121278

For non-Americans this is the Assured for Men 3 piece razor and blades available in our Dollar Tree store for oddly enough $1.25 ( razor and 5 blades ).

This was an adventurous shave. The blade exposure on that thing is notable. Blade feel is ummmm, noticeable. That said I ended up with a Socially Acceptable Shave, and only a few small weepers. Irritation is at a barely noticeable minimum. I've had far worse shaves with better razors and blades.

Assured 3 piece razor
Assured blade
Omega 11137 Boar brush
Zingari Man Mousse Illuminee soap ( lovely )
Skin Bracer AS
Thayers Milky Toner ( appreciated comfort )
Bergamot and Neroli Cologne
This is what we have over here. :mad:

Thursday 6th June

Soap • N.O - Thé Noir et Vanille
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Claymore Evolution
Blade • Schick Proline (1)
Post • N.O Thé Noir et Vanille Splash

It's typical of me to be late to the party - This Claymore Evolution razor really is very capable. I think it'll be a keeper.
I swapped out a used Protouch MG for a fresh Proline to compare the two. Proline's are known to not be very smooth on their first use, but this wasn't the case here. The result was a smooth shave, with a closer finish than with the guarded Kai blade - which was pretty much BBS.

@Digimonkey

Tech June-kies

Thursday 6th June

AP1GczOM38tTPlAwz-z5Lgco2dGa3ehLUD3cQXwgejaHl8mkTtabMNbh1sqXNGOmE3KbVtWqDOvHhmXm285abHIk-4jMYAyJ7dvKASCXAo25l1c7cGDsnKVLMs3uWlFCJKzgxKcGzse2mxwLJD3VNWdYwpzD0Q=w800

Imperial Leather (Vintage) Shaving Soap & Shave Factory (Omega) Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech (pre-War Brass) & Gillette Silver Blue Stainless (1)
Imperial Leather (Vintage) Aftershave

Carrying on with the same soap, brush and razor setup with a switch from the Chinese Super Blue to the Russian Silver Blue.

Back
Top Bottom