SOTD: Saturday 11 May - Friday 17 May 2024.

How are you finding your new Fat Handle Tech?

two shaves in and I'm really enjoying it so far. I used a racer blade in it yesterday and it was really comfortable and smooth. it's a keeper for sure. very happy with it.

I'm going to use it for at least the next four shaves before going back to a new Gillette New I'm really liking as well. then back through my other three techs to see which others I'm keeping.

IMG_20240517_135739~2.jpg
I thought I would try a Shark Stainless blade again after some great results a month or so ago in the EJ89, but in the Sticky I was surprised to find it quite harsh.
I tried the same blade in the Feather Popular and had similar issues.
By now I was near the end of my shave but I'll try the blade in my Fatboy or even the EJ89 again to see if it was just a duff blade.

Super lather from the MdC

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Martin de Candre Lavender
Additional Care:
Institut Karite Shea aftershave balm

Fri 17th May

Aleppo soap-Shave pre wash
RR 400 - SE Plissoft noir
Stirling Baker Street
PAL Adjustable
Schick S/S - Japan ( 3 )
Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

A very rare outing with the PAL today, used to be a favourite in my early Injector days.Ease of Shave showed why I liked it , and should use it more.

IMG_0331.jpeg

Milky May

Friday 17th May

AP1GczNTuR8xsYbCAj6ZpWEb0IbbtrSxASnJud_nLS3fuPMV_WK-wAZH8zPRuhyAFUR8-D3X_FuNdfnYDNm6PZ0VjJGligS3R-675lDZxRRa39bTGqXt2b7-wDBlE5nRlrz9l_YGdM5xPxb0BWQ-fkXq2LHr5w=w800

BeeClean Peppermint Shaving Soap & Muhle Silvertip Fibre 23mm
KCG w/Yaqi Tsuka Handle & Treet Platinum (2)
Pashana Original Aftershave

10/10

Have a great weekend, fellows!

20240517_200949.jpg My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Bowl Captains choice Obsidian Copper.
Brush Cadman Cashmere synthetic.
Soap Geo F Trumpers Eucris.
Razors Leaf & Stando Rod.
Blade Kai Titan mild Blue (1).
Post-Shave Johnny Bravo love potion.
Aftershave Jimmy Choo Man edt.

I prepped my face with rose Aleppo soap and prepared the Eucris lathering a fast soft creamy lather.
Looking Around Louis De Funes GIF by Atlanta Jewish Film Festival

When I looked in the mirror at my face I spotted a lot of red from the rose soap, I gazed at my spotless Cadman and looked once again at my face, then back to the Cadman and said " Balls to that, there is no way I'm marking the Cadman red" and promptly gave my face a thorough wash.
Disaster avoided.
Baseball Referee GIF by StickerGiant

The Cadman Cashmere is definitely the softest brush I own and definitely for soft creams like Trumpers.
The Stando rod gave a lovely shave and I plan on sticking with it, to see if I can learn to use it better, well until my new razor arrives and then I will use that a few times.
I look ABSOLUTELY stunning and that's the truth.

Have a great night all.
See Ya Goodbye GIF by The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom