SOTD: Saturday 12 - Friday 18 October 2024.

Been over 10 years since i used a Feather, might be another 10 to be honest , Set the Slim to 3 and reminded myself that this is not a Perma Sharp , i'd need to concentrate.
Ended up with 2 weepers, 1 weeper started on my lower neck where i said to myself " I dont even remember shaving there?" took my time and got a damn near BBS shave.
Felt a bit of razor burn so switched to the Proraso white post, still my face lit up like the national grid.
Japan 1 Scotland 0.
I'll finish the blade with the expectation of better shaves ongoing, Jeeze these blades are sharp. Ordered 500 perma Sharps from Connaught after this.

SOTD: 15th October 2024.

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Erasmic Shave Cream.
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic. (D1)
Razor: Parker 24C.
Razor: Cien Men Twin Blade. (Head) - (D3)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men X-Bolt ASL./ L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning shave.

Out of all my parker DE razors the 24C took more than a fair few shaves for me to bond with it. However, once I adjusted to using a steeper angle, which parker razors require IMHO, it rewarded me with close efficient shaves...Some razors take a while before you bond with them, the 24C was the one for me.

The Erasmic shave cream produced a great lather in a short space of time, with a great post shave feel.

Another close comfortable face & head shave.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.

Last edited:
I use them on very mild razors, on on the Rex Ambassador on very low setting. Then they work beautifully. It's quite obvious maybe but I use aggressive razors with "gentle" blades and vice-versa. Exception with the Kai, which are killers on any given occasion

15 October

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Mühle Classic L
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

A very fine two pass shave this morning. A rich, creamy lather was produced by the very capable Mühle Silvertip Fibre brush and Wickham 1912 soap. The Tatara is very smooth with a Feather blade and two passes does the job nicely.

Tue 15 October

CeraVe face soap

Gillette 1966 Slim
Gillette Silver Blue - old type
Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars triple milled tallow soap
Zenith 26 Unbleached boar

Alum block, witch hazel, boots no 7 recovery balm, H et V Cognac & Cuban cigars eau de parfum

Soap performance was excellent, the scent is wonderful - transports me to a bar in old Havana with a beautiful woman by my side, both of us drinking away as she rolls cigars for me! It really lingers all day too.

Hugely impressed with H et V - no preshave cream / oil etc needed. Great soap

Last edited:
15/10/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - Gillette Single Ring #663851 1906 Travel Set
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - OSP Sandalwood

Very Nice, i am not usually a fan of OC razors, however, for these vintage fellaz i can make an exception.
The OSP sandalwood is another favourite of mine. Spot on that.
Right then, i will now take Mrs TC's little runabout down to the garage ready for its MOT in the morning, Its a busy morning tomorrow and Mechanic is going to keep it overnight as i need to drop Mrs TC at work then get back home for heating engineer to fit the new boiler.
Enjoy your day all.

Last edited:

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Hot shower.
Brush Omega Italian flag Boar.
Soap Chiseled face cryogen.
Razors Alpha Shaving Texas flag & Blackland Dart.
Blade Derby (3)
Post shave Chiseled face cryogen Balm.
Aftershave Czech and Speake Cuba.

I finished work too late to shave last night, so today is my Menthol Madness Monday rolled into Tuesday shave.
The Chiseled face cryogen is always a winner if you fancy freezing your face with a Menthol hit.
I did a headshave first with the Texas flag and it's an excellent head shaver and afterwards I popped the blade into the Dart.
Wow the Dart is bloody amazing and was so efficient that one pass and a touch up would have been enough but I didn't want to waste the Cryogen and wanted to go for three passes.
It ended up being a lost cause because after the second pass, there was absolutely nothing left to cut zero, zilch, and Nada.
So I had to settle for just two passes.
I finished the shave with the Cuba sample, I am not a fan tbh.
I look absolutely gorgeous and smell odd.
Enjoy the evening, everyone.

As these blades are £5 delivered off amazon at the moment and I had a couple in my stash I thought I'd give this a run.
It's a sharp blade in both name and performance and is quite smooth. I've used sharper and smoother but this is at the higher end of those scales. I don't know about longevity yet but I'm pleased to see it lasted a whole shave! Topaz is the only blade that I would sometimes find became blunt during its first shave.
First pass was with the Fatboy and second with the Fasan as that's a very close and comfortable shaver which has a propensity to nick the unwary. I got a few weepers round the chin today but am happy with the result and depending on how many more shaves I can get from this blade I may get myself a carton sleeve.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. I Adjustable 195 'Fatboy' (1960)
Blade: Sharp Titanium
Brush: Henkverhaar (TSR) badger brush Walnut Silvertip
Lather: Stirling Stirling Green
Aftershave: Alfred Dunhill Dunhill for Men

Last edited: