SOTD: Saturday 12 - Friday 18 October 2024.

Razor = Occam’s Oren ***
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 6 )
Brush = That Darn Robb 26mm Boar
Soap = OSP Sandalwood
Splash = OSP Sandalwood
Balm = TOBS Sandalwood Aftershave Gel
View attachment 126684British Shaving Soap Shave 6

Well what can i say
The Obsessive Soap Perfectionist Sandalwood is my ultimate number one soap.
I just love the scent on this one and as i say for me it’s my number one soap.
A cracking shave although the scents are all different.
The splash is slightly different from the soap & the balm although tobs is different again but all very well balanced.
This brush was my first proper boar,
well actually that’s wrong to say that i should say my first boar of value & today it’s still my favourite.
This brush was an ebay buy around 4 years ago so im unsure where the knot came from but its still as scritchy today as it was when i bought it.
The Boars of today seem to be a bit soft to me although i still like them but this one is still hard & scritchy and i love it.
Agree with you on the soap…love it

Razor = Occam’s Oren ***
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 7 )
Brush = 26mm Highlander Le with Maple & Boar
Soap = Wickhams Russian Leather
With matching balm.
Splash = Vintage Imperial Leather.
IMG_3164.jpegBritish Shaving Soap Shave 7
Well another cracker & you know it lol
The Wickhams was a dream and i really like this scent in fact don’t take this the wrong way but im right in to Leather :unsure: Scents.
I think the Blade is on its last legs as it was dragging a bit towards the end,
not its usual BBS but certainly good enough.
This Imperial Leather was a fairly new buy for me and according to where i got it the bottle had never been open,
Well i couldn’t get it open either so im to the shed and out with a pair off mole grips,
i wrapped it in rubber :rolleyes: and job was a good in.
Not lost any of its scent
Super Duper.
@Tony'schin im doing the same as you tomorrow,
Service & Mot and probably a grand or two lighter.
Who needs cars ah
not me

Razor = Occam’s Oren ***
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 7 )
Brush = 26mm Highlander Le with Maple & Boar
Soap = Wickhams Russian Leather
With matching balm.
Splash = Vintage Imperial Leather.
View attachment 126732British Shaving Soap Shave 7
Well another cracker & you know it lol
The Wickhams was a dream and i really like this scent in fact don’t take this the wrong way but im right in to Leather :unsure: Scents.
I think the Blade is on its last legs as it was dragging a bit towards the end,
not its usual BBS but certainly good enough.
This Imperial Leather was a fairly new buy for me and according to where i got it the bottle had never been open,
Well i couldn’t get it open either so im to the shed and out with a pair off mole grips,
i wrapped it in rubber :rolleyes: and job was a good in.
Not lost any of its scent
Super Duper.
@Tony'schin im doing the same as you tomorrow,
Service & Mot and probably a grand or two lighter.
Who needs cars ah
not me
Leather, mole grips and rubber?
And I thought I knew you

OCtober

Tuesday 15th October

AP1GczOop9KSC7oO7Tf2YTdCqSgVcds8J0Uvvjih9Zs5K9lDeIXaNu0rmo0N40NG0oJp75kUoDRKRZzaIZVq3SX1WKhVpiyuVtYwh7r80oX6Nm7Sg1HuoUvVocm5FP7v_J99dZ8Q9xTAAEklV19xmbIVPalJQg=w800

Boots Albany Mentholated (Vintage) Shaving Soap & Muhle Silvertip Fibre (Black) 23mm
Milady (c.1915) 'Old' Type & Treet Platinum (2)
Boots Albany (Vintage) Aftershave

... same again.

... and another snap of my cat Milady (Mimi).

AP1GczMoLtwGAKTIU6CUiMNoAx1QvtrbrJHWfxwlG1ieD6t7yOwDPeVKa199dxcqjaBlJUZ0uwaVDelD-yS3sxpH3YrZGT42J9pBglfIkUDTx4xbofCSLAJb5-iYACEon0zN_H1xuALI6zYCqE8b6YKjMX53jg=w600

SOTD Wednesday 16 October
  • Razor Gillette British Rocket FlareTip
  • Blade Viking Sword – Super Stainless Steel – Polymer Coated
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Cream Traditional Barbers – Coconut extract
  • Post Shave Thayers unscented Witch Hazel
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Cooling Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Viking blade was in my 1950’s Gillette British Rocket FlareTip today.
2nduse on this blade. Very comfortable head & face shave. 1 very minor weeper.
The Viking blade was very smooth, I shave daily so this is a typical blade for myself (YMMV).

Traditional Barbers cream is a budget cream in Australia, the scent is a little strong of coconut, however its very creamy once the lather is built.

76.jpg

PXL_20241015_172346140~4.jpg

the sharper blade sorted this razor right out and it gave me a fantastic, smooth, comfortable shave again. it still needs a light touch and no pressure but for the first few strokes, I had zoned out and wasn't paying attention and forgot to be overly careful and slow. even on autopilot, it was just gliding through the stubble smoothly and gave no scraping or raw feeling and no cuts.

the conventional wisdom is to use mild blades in an aggressive razor but I'm finding the opposite is what works for me. next up is this blade in the mellon to find out if vice versa is true, using sharp blades in mild razors.

sharper isn't always better or the only measure of a blade's performance but I'm concluding that my skin and hair doesn't seem to work with milder blades like astras and sharks, at least in aggressive razors.

most blades will probably be acceptable with middle of the road razors. it seems aggressive and mild razors are the measure of whether a blade is great or just ok.

I'll be keeping this razor around to use once in a while when I have the time to be careful, even if only to test out blades that are new to me.

Wed 16 Oct

CeraVe face soap, Proraso blue

Arko
Zenith 28 bleached boar
Mühle R41 with Maggard MR8 handle
Personna Med Prep

Alum, simple witch Hazel, Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar cologne

Good shave - really cannot fault Arko - works unbelievably well post shave for my oily skin. No balm needed.

I’ve been trying out a few different blades recently. Nothing special for me with the med prep (YMMV!). At the moment Gillette silver blues and Wizamet SI seem perfect for me across all my razors. The shark stainless was surprisingly good in my Fatip original OC. Personna platinum pretty good & for me better than med prep.

IMG_0878.jpeg

16 October

TOBS St. James
Plisson synthetic
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Village Barber balm
Chanel Bleu

49081AC4-F16B-43BB-8DA6-A0AE898B8287.jpeg
Another fine shave with a mountain of super rich lather due to a slight overloading of the brush. I don’t use it enough to remember it’s a cream! Otherwise all good.

16/10/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Vintage Culmak Junior - 21mm Silvertip
Soap - OSP Spirits
Razor - Ever-ready Streamline
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Proraso Red
Wk42 (5).jpg
Very nice indeed.
Car is getting its overhaul, lads in fitting boiler, with a bit luck i will have hot water by the end of the day.
Enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom