SOTD: Saturday 12 - Friday 18 October 2024.

Iv used this soap before & realised it was gash but i decided to have another go.
What is like to ask the owners of Trumper is how can you make such wonderful creams yet some of the worst soaps on the market,
I need someone to explain this,
I need someone to tell me how a business can sustain such a dreadful product.
Who Knows
One positive is the Scent is fantastic it really is
however the performance is brutal.

You know what is absolutely unbelievable? When you do get in touch their stock line is "nobody has ever complained" ... something they've told me twice now with different formulations! Nonsense. I do hold out hope because the latest formulations we're seeing across the board, particularly with the other British names is superb! If everyone else is doing it ... I have tried that angle to appeal to them but that "no problem here" response is just baffling.

My only thought is that they're a big name and the vast majority of people buying that soap (or probably more like having that soap bought for them) have no idea what a proper lather is supposed to be like, or they'll try it out and go back to canned goo after a couple of shaves. You know, novelty thing. But in such volume that they don't actually have to do anything about it.

You're right on the scent - it's lovely! I am lucky to have found a vintage bowl from before the great reformulation fail and even today it carries the scent so well.

1000011623.jpg

My OCtober Shave today consisted of...
Brush Yaqi Aqua synthetic.
Soap Imperial Rum.
Razor Muhle R41 The Shark version.
Blade Jaws (1).
Aftershave Imperial Rum.

I have been wanting to try the Jaws Blade ever since I saw @chard52142 using them.
I searched everywhere and they simply do not exist outside of his house it seems.
They are mythical like the golden fleece.
The Shark pretty much gave me a perfect one pass shave but I went for a second pass just because I was enjoying my shave so much.
I would not say it’s smoother than a Nacet but I really can't say much because of the razor being quite blade forward and it could be why it didn't feel as smooth cutting, I will pop it into my BlackBird and Stinger before forming a full opinion.
It did give me a bbs finish so I am super pleased.
Enjoy your night everyone.

Shocked Jaws GIF

Razor = ATT Windsor Pro Cooper
Blade = Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge
Brush = Highlander 26mm Timberwolf Synthetic
Soap = Geo F Trumper Sandalwood
Splash Geo F Trumper Cologne
Balm = Simpsons Sandalwood.

View attachment 126778British Shaving Soap Shave 8
Lesson 1 How to turn a crap soap in to a good shave lol.
Seriously what a cracking shave this was and my first with a DE in over a week.
Iv used this soap before & realised it was gash but i decided to have another go.
What is like to ask the owners of Trumper is how can you make such wonderful creams yet some of the worst soaps on the market,
I need someone to explain this,
I need someone to tell me how a business can sustain such a dreadful product.
Who Knows
One positive is the Scent is fantastic it really is
however the performance is brutal.
By the time i’m getting ready to shave the other side of my face the soap has dissipated,
it’s quite weird as you see it happening in from of your eyes,
Three to Four strokes on one side theses virtually nowt left on the other,
if i hadn’t spent over £80 on the cologne this soap would have been a shower soap long ago,
In fact there’s where it’s going to end up so i need to remind myself to buy the cream first.
Bottom line is i still had a great shave it was just a case of applying soap every 39 seconds.
I must have known i would have picked a crap soap after being £1000 lighter with MOT & Service
Never Mind
Onwards & Upwards
You could try adding a little amount of glycerin and see if it holds up any better for you.

View attachment 126779

Soap Imperial Rum.
Blade Jaws (1).
Aftershave Imperial Rum.

I have been wanting to try the Jaws Blade ever since I saw @chard52142 using them.
I searched everywhere and they simply do not exist outside of his house it seems.
The Shark pretty much gave me a perfect one pass shave but I went for a second pass just because I was enjoying my shave so much.
I would not say it’s smoother than a Nacet but I really can't say much because of the razor being quite blade forward and it could be why it didn't feel as smooth cutting, I will pop it into my BlackBird and Stinger before forming a full opinion.
That is a superb photo

You know what is absolutely unbelievable? When you do get in touch their stock line is "nobody has ever complained" ... something they've told me twice now with different formulations! Nonsense. I do hold out hope because the latest formulations we're seeing across the board, particularly with the other British names is superb! If everyone else is doing it ... I have tried that angle to appeal to them but that "no problem here" response is just baffling.

My only thought is that they're a big name and the vast majority of people buying that soap (or probably more like having that soap bought for them) have no idea what a proper lather is supposed to be like, or they'll try it out and go back to canned goo after a couple of shaves. You know, novelty thing. But in such volume that they don't actually have to do anything about it.

You're right on the scent - it's lovely! I am lucky to have found a vintage bowl from before the great reformulation fail and even today it carries the scent so well.
100% Agree.
I’m with you it’s probably only tourists or someone buying some shaving stuff for family members.
As you know yourself Officer & Gentlemen & Oxford Blue are completely different so why change the formula on these two ?
i’m baffled

View attachment 126779

Soap Imperial Rum.
Blade Jaws (1).
Aftershave Imperial Rum.

Shocked Jaws GIF
Your gonna need a bigger blade

Oh my. Nine pages in and nothing to show for this week. Just how damn sad am I?

No, that is wishful thinking.

It is with great regret that being life has been very busy of late with kiddies birthdays, decorating and now away on some courses to maintain my certification, I have decided that my time here on TSR must finally........

mean that I have to deliver two SOTD's in one evening. Oh, how disappointing for you fantastic folk that not only am I not dead, that I am still here. Tough shit

Due to my restrictive limits on media I am having to split my first four shaves for this week so as to prevent me hitting illegalities resulting in the board of TSR issuing a warrant for my arrest.

My first two efforts arrive themed, 'I am a fish'

Sunday morning

20241012_211040.jpg

I am Cod - Occams Enoch
I am a shark - Kai Titan mild
I am a Trout - PAA Peregrino
I am a clown fish - ADP Collezione Barbierre
I am soul(ess) - L'Occitane Cade balm
I am a stinker - Dior Homme intense

'And there we have it. Satanfrozendly

Being as I can't remember what I was doing five minutes ago, how do you expect me to recall a shave from this past Sunday? I do remember I made it early Sunday so that I could look the part of Draco Malfoy for my eldest granddaughter's Harry Potter themed birthday party, but how it faired is beyond my mental capacity. I am going to presume it was one exceptional bit of sink time because I don't do shite shaves, and neither did either of my granddaughters say 'Grandad, you look like a fucking scruffy 12 year old Draco'. A big plus

How did I ever miss out these Japanese ladies down the years? From Kill Bill...

Monday

20241014_184705.jpg

Wet fish - Ikon B1
Frozen fish - Polsilver Lodz
Salted fish - Yaqi Moka
Tinned fish - Kent
Fish fingers - Nivea moisturiser
Rotting fish - CK Obsession

'Why, hello everyone, we're the Friendlys'

Now this shave I do remember. Any shave which includes the Kent and the B1 is worthy of keeping my brain cells in good working order. So yeh, shite it wasn't

And neither are these

And it only takes me to say I love you and then as it says at the end of 'Revelations', 'and thou shall fuckest off'

Second shave with the Sharp Titanium and I chose the Sticky for the first pass, which went very well, and the Schrägschnitt for the second pass as these are two favourite but very different razors both of which typically delivers a close shave without irritation but differ in blade feel and number of passes. However on this occasion I got quite a bit of irritation from the Schrägschnitt and not sure why. Will have to avoid that combo or be more careful in future.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Neo Lux Schrägschnitt
Blade: Sharp Titanium
Brush: Henkverhaar (TSR) badger brush Walnut Silvertip
Lather: SigNature Novus Spice
Additional Care:
Proraso Pre and post Balm

Back
Top Bottom