SOTD : Saturday 12th June to Friday 18th June 2021.

199492821_269252371660631_459312001309566358_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Cella
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Edward x Jacob "Janus" Razor w/Barber Pole Handle
Blade: Voskhod (1)

With the exception of the blade, everything's a recent acquisition. The razor via @pjgh 's recent pif is a weighty piece, feels good to hold. The Cella/Voskhod setup promised good things, but did feel rough. Decent enough, but not the flowing smoothness of recent shaves. I'll run a different blade through and reserve further judgement for now. The standout part of the shave by far was the Ben Vorlich lotion. Baxter's balm is in the shot, but didn't make the final cut as the Bart's provided everything I needed and more. Lovely scent and an amazing finish. I was interested to see how it compared to the balm samples, and I was mightily impressed. Personal preference is definitely the lotion though - it does the two jobs in one and has a stronger scent to it.

Monday SOTD
iKon B1 Stainless Steel Slant / Gillette Nacet
Heritage Ever-Ready 26mm Maggard SHD Fan
CBL Fusion X Dragon’s Blood LE & Shave Tonic

9OUcfyE.png

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Monday 14th June 2021

Shave Score 9.5/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / Baxter’s Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: MDC - Rose
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: RR GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Bluebeards Revenge (3)
Post Shave ASL: Signature Soaps - Coria
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Ok so 3rd outing on the blade still super smooth and easy WTG and ATG, super comfy pass's, but didn't end up with a BBS, but a DFS instead.

So this will be it for this blade, I'll be trying the Personna's this week to try and find the Bluebeards Revenge equivalent :)

Have a great week all.

Joe

IMG_1128.jpeg

I decided it was time for something a little different today.

Razor: Muhler Rocca.... I've been shaving for months with shavettes and SRs, I had forgotten how good a shaver this razor is.
Brush: SV brush.... After over a month of using exclusively boar brushes and it felt great.
Soap: OSP Eucaliptus.... very nice and only the second time I use this soap.
After Shave: Fine Snake bite, First time this year.
Blade: Permarsharp.... After a very long time.

I'm so happy to still have these products in my den...I should try others soon.
20210614_071540.jpg

Doing a live shave on YouTube later today (6pm), but a spoiler alert (and I don't mean the blade...) of what I'll be using... and we’ll find out if the hype surrounding the soap is justified…

Løthur Grooming Calm ; RazoRock 400 24mm Black Synthetic ; Gillette Rocket HD 500 (1953) ; Feather Hi-Stainless (3) ; Giles Shaving Co. Pedestal Bowl

210613-SOTD.jpg
Nice Live Shave Martyn

Prep: Shower with PAA unscented cube.

Pre: PAA unscented cube.

Soap: Stirling Barbershop.

Brush: Yaqi cavern two band badger

Razor: Futur clone

Blade: Polsilver

Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.
My first attempt at a cold water shave as I was reading this was an issue for some with sensitive skin and may help and I thought last weeks Model T run was unusually hard on my skin. I remembered my skin can get quite open pore/sweaty in the heat and thought this my help! Boy did it ever! 3 passes cool as ice and smooth as it as well! Lathering seemed to take a little longer and the soap didn’t quite have the usual waft I get from a hot water lather but my skin didn’t care after the results!

Attachments

• 453746F9-5B25-4748-A423-AD705C710FB4.jpeg
    453746F9-5B25-4748-A423-AD705C710FB4.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 2
14/06/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water face rinse
Brush: Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap: Signature Soap Eboracum
Razor: Pearl Flexi Adjustable
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Proraso Green
Wk24 (3).JPG
Another fantastic Lather from @BrianH Signature Soaps, today with a minty, cooling effect.
I set the razor on #3.5 and completed a very comfortable WTG pass, i left it on that setting for my XTG pass but the blade did feel a little prickly on the cheeks, therefore, i backed the razor off to #2.5 for an ATG pass and the blade felt smoother again.
A nice post shave routine with some indication on the cheeks from the splash which did not last long.
I am left with a close, comfortable, BBS finish.
I should be able to get another shave from this blade, although, i would normally only do 3 and out.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

14/06/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water face rinse
Brush: Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap: Signature Soap Eboracum
Razor: Pearl Flexi Adjustable
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Proraso Green
View attachment 71683
Another fantastic Lather from @BrianH Signature Soaps, today with a minty, cooling effect.
I set the razor on #3.5 and completed a very comfortable WTG pass, i left it on that setting for my XTG pass but the blade did feel a little prickly on the cheeks, therefore, i backed the razor off to #2.5 for an ATG pass and the blade felt smoother again.
A nice post shave routine with some indication on the cheeks from the splash which did not last long.
I am left with a close, comfortable, BBS finish.
I should be able to get another shave from this blade, although, i would normally only do 3 and out.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
I have often thought about pick up a nice boar brush the only experience I have with them is the cheap Men-u brush which isn’t exactly great..if I was going to get one though this would be the one it’s the best looking one out there in my opinion

I have often thought about pick up a nice boar brush the only experience I have with them is the cheap Men-u brush which isn’t exactly great..if I was going to get one though this would be the one it’s the best looking one out there in my opinion
Jay, I can honestly say, The Semogue Taj and C5 Torga are really getting some sink time because they just seem to work, they took a little breaking in and i think they can only get better, they bowl lather really well and feel great during a face lather.
I am thinking of adding the Butterscotch Taj next, however, with 20 brushes already in the stable, Another special SBB on Order and a one i am umming and ahhring over :unsure: in a shopping cart. I will have to thin the herd out a bit. ;)

Last edited:
Mon 14th June

Cyril Salter. MS- ED2BAND
Officina Artigiana soap
Yaqi Raster V2- Bulldog Handle
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 6 )
Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

Finding that the Ikon Handle works very well with the Raster head, and today’s Shave was rather nice with this rather underrated soap. An excellent close finish here with skin feeling refreshed.

2F5E2B87-8C04-461A-B305-AD9B8E4C4ECC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom