SOTD : Saturday 12th May - Friday 18th May 2018.

Brush: Frank Shaving 20mm Best Badger
Cream: Edwin Jagger Limes & Pomegranate
Razor: Parker 99R
Blade: Feather (3)

(same as yesterday so no photo)

And today the Feather bit. Nicks/weepers along the jawline. Because this is shave three on the edge / shave five on the blade I'm unsure if the problem is the legendary sharpness of the Feather, or the legendary drop-off in performance.

More likely the problem's me, but we'll gloss over that.

o5nB4VD.jpg

MÜHLE : YAQI : BEAVER WOODWRIGHT : LÙCIDO AS

SOTD 18MAY18.JPG
SOTD 18MAY18
Razor: Charcoal Goods Lvl 3 SB | Anchor
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (10)
Brush: Dogwood | Declaration 'B5'
Soap: Grooming Dept. 'Coattails'
GD's Lusso base is amazing and can take a ton of water. Super slick with amazing residual slickness and a post shave that's easily top tier. The scent on this one is very strong and extremely masculine. I keep asking Mohammad for an EdP in this scent as it would be fantastic.

Happy Birthday Paul!

Thank you both and all others for your kind replies.
A quiet evening with my wife last night and our youngest and her partner are bringing food and presents tonight.

I hasten to add that I received no shaving related presents, as I apparently have too many razors/soaps/creams/smellIes already !

Friday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: 'The Archduke' (Brad Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian)
Soap: Oleo Soapworks 'Rougére'
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / RazoRock Aftershave Wax

I was in the mood for giving 'Rougére' a run today, as I was beginning to look like a hobo! 'The Archduke' did an awesome job of whipping up a very lush lather, and the Weber/GSB combo provided a super smooth, BBS shave, which I really was ready for...

Fri 18th May

Vulfix 404
Lea Classic soap
Hawk V1 + S/S Windrose Handle
Schick Proline [ 7 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

I am not a fan of light Razors, but find that by adding a S/S Handle to the Hawk, I can attain a more than Acceptable Shave. By not rushing and employing short strokes during initial clearance one avoids any tendency to put pressure on the Razor. I find that the weight and Vari-Grip of the handle allows one to complete the Shave utilising a very light touch /no pressure technique.Today it was nice to attain not only an error Shave, but one with a good close all round finish.

IMG_0091.jpg

Last edited:
Friday

Phoenix and Beau Spitfire
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Valet Autostrop VC3
Feather SE
BBA balm

Well, a so-so shave. I did get a smooth finish, but with a bit work. Not an efficient razor, this (for me anyway). I don't think it will be in my regular rotation; as it doesn't compare to any of my other vintage fellows
AB29FD31-4C10-4385-BD04-D4404BE979E2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom