SOTD: Saturday 13 January - Friday 19 January 2024.

SOTD Sun 14 Jan 2024

Sunday shave
0DEEF8BB-0C65-49DE-A00D-E1B3503A0901.jpeg
Pre - shower, hot facecloth
Bowl - glass
Cream - Geo F Trumper’s Limes
Brush - Yaqi 24mm tuxedo synthetic
Razor - Merkur 38c
Blade - Derby Extra (3)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold facecloth, alum block

Refreshment - cup of tea (Farrer’s Afternoon Blend loose leaf)

I look forward to my weekend shave. Mainly because that’s when I allow myself to use the Trumper’s Limes (otherwise I would use nothing else). It’s truly amazing, I only used a threepenny bit sized amount and the lather filled the bowl (anyone not knowing what a threepenny bit was - Google it, you young person!)
Excellent 2 pass shave, although to be honest, I’m not really doing the ‘pass’ stuff anymore, I am currently lathering, going over with the razor in a sort of downwards direction, re-lathering, going over in a sort of upwards direction, then rinsing and scooping lather into my hands and smoothing it over my face and doing the tidy up bits, edging my goatee and generally finishing off.
Works for me and a very smooth, comfortable, nice smelling visage was the outcome.

FDC3932D-EC58-4698-9EC5-5D53D06CCBE2.jpeg
This cushion is mine, I tell you, all mine!

SOTD 15-Jan
20240114_123548-01.jpeg
Brush: Highlander Chubby
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: Frederick Reynolds Swayback

The past week with HoM Beloved was very nice, a bit subtle at times but still lovely. Decided on something with a bit more punch in the form of The Novelist. A&Es dupe of Histoires de Parfum 1899. The scent is a firm favourite of mine and the rest of the household, it does sometimes struggle in terms of cushion but slickness is more than sufficient.

Decided to go in for the Frederick Reynolds and to keep the Highlander in play as my hardware of the week. Perhaps a bold decision to try and do a straight shave during the week but I might just have to drag my arse out of bed 5 minutes earlier.

Hope everyone has a grand week.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 15/01/2024

Razor: Yaki The Final Cut
Blade: Rapira Swedish Super Steel, 5th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Baume.be Pre Shave Gel
Soap: Taylor Of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street Collection Cream
Balm: Nishman 2in1 Cream And Cologne Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your day and stay save!

Monday 15 January

The Focus Slim Al has all the delicate lightness of an Italian supercar or a pair of silk ballet shoes. I read that Enzo Ferrari once said, when you buy a Ferrari you buy the engine and you get the bodywork for free. Certainly true with vintage Ferraris which had paper thin hand made aluminium bodywork.
I digress but this razor is the best of its type I have tried, easy to use and does not feel that it will bite if handled with care, like a Ferrari.
The Italian job was completed in two passes plus pick ups after applying a good lathering of SV soap with a ToBS badger, maybe it was an Italian badger?

Buona giornata ragazzi!

IMG_0465.jpeg

Mon 15th January

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
MWF
Merkur Futur
Personna Lab Blue ( 1 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

This is my second DE Shave in over 3+ years. I switched to SE shaving as I personally find them more forgiving than DE. However, I did in the main enjoy todays Shave, though I think that The Progress is better when working around the upper lip and chin, as I got a couple of slight weepers.

IMG_0913.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom