SOTD: Saturday 14 - Friday 20 September 2024.

Razor: Spares or Repair 1966 L2 ( cousins birth year and qtr Xmas present ) Needed over 2 hrs in the Sonic Cleaner some WD40 and it was Underclocked so had to fix that- $9 ( ok plus $18 postage from Turkey ) but another saved from landfill.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice ( This brush is a treat, as long as you like big brushes with gel tips )
Soap: Phoenix and Beau K7 ( Tallow Based with a fantastic scent )
Ammo: Gillette Super Thin ( these are a cracking blade, did a blade shootout and these came out on top, along with Gillette Platinum, beat out Voshkod, Nacet, Silver Blues, Silver Stars ,) really Close between the Super Thin and the Perma Sharp for my go to blade.

Repaired Slim, Yaqi Dice, Super Thin, Phoenix and Beau.jpg

SOTD: 19th September 2024.

d.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Frank Shaving 22mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Blue Shaving Cream.
Blade: Treet Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone. (Settings) 3-wtg,4-atg,+pick ups.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./ Brut Sport Style ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

The Proraso Blue cream created an excellent lather in a short space of time for my shave this morning. I find that synthetic brushes give the best results when using shave creams.

A close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

"Bond" Gillette Slim set to #6
Dorco stainless ST301 (Men Advance white label), 4th use.
Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" hard soap
Semogue Owners Club cherry boar. Hollister Wave AS spray.

Blade and razor same as yesterday. Still comfortable but felt like more effort/buffing required, it's on its 4th run so I'll ditch it now. The SV is a hard soap that is perfect for boar. After cleaning the SOC yesterday it whipped up a creamy lather on the puck straight away which gave a slick base for the first pass. I did find that it had dissipated by the time I was ready for 2nd pass though, and I reloaded the brush. This time it was slick but less volume, almost like slime. That's been my experience generally with this. These SOC brushes are supposed to be good, so what am I doing wrong? Anyway a good shave was had, 3 passes. Trying to hang on to the summer with the Hollister Wave I got from Boycie!
20240919_084644.jpg

'What!? We are trying to watch 'The rings of power' here, and you want to sod off and write a bloody shaving report?'

'But I am just so fucking handsome I need to tell the world'

'Just bugger off then and take your bloody filthy jazz mags with you!'

So I buggered off and here I am to tell my tales from the sink and sink in to oblivion with a shave themed, 'To obscurity and beyond'

20240918_185253.jpg

From here to obscurity - Timeless bronze
The oblivious blade - Feather
Beyond the brush - PAA Peregrino
Obscured by soap - Bath House fig and nutmeg
Obsessively oblivious - L'Occitane Cade balm
Obliviously obscure - Floris No.89

The politically correct shaving section

Bath House soaps? Does anyone else use them? Absolutely superb in my bad vision. Second time out for the Spanish fig and nutmeg in the past week or so and what a lather. Actually better than its brother the Cuban Cedar and Lime which probably seems a bit odd as they are both of the same formula. If I was to say anything negative, it would be the scent, which leans towards the sickly sweet side. All wonderfully fluffed up with the Peregrino.

The bronze. Never put a stroke wrong (something I've done on many an occasion. Ask Mrs Satanfriendly*) to date and absolute bliss to use. Delivers in a most excellent manner and just heavenly. Four shaves from a Feather and still going strong? Something must be spot on about it.

All in all a cracking bit of shavemanship

On more important matters, Toy Story. What a load of crap that was and no one even talks about it anymore. Goodbye Buzz

'To obscurity and beyond'

And these need to be...

19/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass 22mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Danum
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Schick Proline PB 30
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Lotion
A/S - Signature Soap Danum
Wk38 (6).jpg
Brilliant shave!
Not a lot else to say.
Enjoy your day all.

'What!? We are trying to watch 'The rings of power' here, and you want to sod off and write a bloody shaving report?'

'But I am just so fucking handsome I need to tell the world'

'Just bugger off then and take your bloody filthy jazz mags with you!'

So I buggered off and here I am to tell my tales from the sink and sink in to oblivion with a shave themed, 'To obscurity and beyond'

View attachment 125546

From here to obscurity - Timeless bronze
The oblivious blade - Feather
Beyond the brush - PAA Peregrino
Obscured by soap - Bath House fig and nutmeg
Obsessively oblivious - L'Occitane Cade balm
Obliviously obscure - Floris No.89

The politically correct shaving section

Bath House soaps? Does anyone else use them? Absolutely superb in my bad vision. Second time out for the Spanish fig and nutmeg in the past week or so and what a lather. Actually better than its brother the Cuban Cedar and Lime which probably seems a bit odd as they are both of the same formula. If I was to say anything negative, it would be the scent, which leans towards the sickly sweet side. All wonderfully fluffed up with the Peregrino.

The bronze. Never put a stroke wrong (something I've done on many an occasion. Ask Mrs Satanfriendly*) to date and absolute bliss to use. Delivers in a most excellent manner and just heavenly. Four shaves from a Feather and still going strong? Something must be spot on about it.

All in all a cracking bit of shavemanship

On more important matters, Toy Story. What a load of crap that was and no one even talks about it anymore. Goodbye Buzz

'To obscurity and beyond'

And these need to be...

I have an old Bath House soap and find it to be excellent. Mine is the fig one too.
Bought on a whim in one of these boutique-type shops well over ten years ago and was pleasantly surprised.

Thur 19th September

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Omega 11126 boar
Ach Brito Mogno soap
Schick I1
Schick S/S single - Japan ( 2 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Soaked the brush longer than usual and what a super lather it produced, quite a super little boar brush. Though the Shave was smooth and comfortable enough, despite there being a Japanese Schick on board the finish was not as good as my last one, with an Asylum “ Injector”. This rather surprised me as The I1 is a favourite of mine.

IMG_1178.jpeg

19 September

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Plisson synthetic
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Proraso Sensitive balm
Creed Royal Oud Millesime

17B28DB3-EBB1-439A-94DD-1AD120004D9D.jpeg
This morning’s shave virtually wrote itself. That’s AI for you, it’s bored with what I write too! A very nice shave with the exquisitely scented Blu and the even more exquisitely scented Creed. Bonus, the razor blade feels good for a fourth shave.

"Bond" Gillette Slim set to #6
Dorco stainless ST301 (Men Advance white label), 4th use.
Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" hard soap
Semogue Owners Club cherry boar. Hollister Wave AS spray.

Blade and razor same as yesterday. Still comfortable but felt like more effort/buffing required, it's on its 4th run so I'll ditch it now. The SV is a hard soap that is perfect for boar. After cleaning the SOC yesterday it whipped up a creamy lather on the puck straight away which gave a slick base for the first pass. I did find that it had dissipated by the time I was ready for 2nd pass though, and I reloaded the brush. This time it was slick but less volume, almost like slime. That's been my experience generally with this. These SOC brushes are supposed to be good, so what am I doing wrong? Anyway a good shave was had, 3 passes. Trying to hang on to the summer with the Hollister Wave I got from Boycie!
View attachment 125559
@hotmetal How Long have you had your owners Club for? mine took several months before the hairs all split and it became an excellent brush, Boars i.m.h.o. take a wee bit more work to break in but well worth the investment, I have the same brush in Cherrywood and i also have the Taj resin but i use the Cherrywood as its broken in , If you notice the knot on the Cherrywood appears Fluffier? cause its over 10 years old and the tips have split.

Broken in Boar Vs Non Broken in..jpg

Last edited:
About 50 hours since my last shave and the Feather and Twig delivered a great shave, aided by the Sir Irisch Moos shaving soap.

An impulse purchase from a discount shop, the Jeff Banks is a sweet lemon sherbet smell with a hint of something else. Maybe bergamot

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Feather Hi-stainless
Brush: Henkverhaar (TSR) badger brush Walnut Silvertip
Lather: Sir Irisch Moos
Additional Care:
Jeff Banks Relax EDT

Back
Top Bottom