SOTD : Saturday 15th January-Friday 21st January 2022.

Mon 17 SOTD
Soap LaToja Stick
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade Gillette Super Nacet 4th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Malibu Splash
Just a reliable shave soap. Creamily thick and slick.
Another reliable razor paired with this blade with a shim was just ok. 3passes for a dfs result. The blade will be ditched.
Aftershaves are good.
20220117_153834.jpg

828ED0A1-0CE2-464E-9617-27AF0C08F6AF.jpeg
SOTD: 17/01/2022

Razor: Gem Micromatic
Blade: Gem Blade, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Extro Cosmesi Pirata Croap
Aftershave: Paco Rabanne 1 Million EDT
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Another lovely shave from the Gem. It can fee a little harsh at first but I’m pretty sure it’s just me getting used to it because by the end of each shave I’m always BBS with it.
I love the scent on this soap but unfortunately there’s something in it that just doesn’t agree with my skin and makes the shave ever so hot and a little uncomfortable. I have so many soaps now I will pop it reluctantly on the BST but it lathers well and smells great, it’s just not for me unfortunately!
Have a great day guys!

Monday AM 2022-01-17
Birthdate in 1773 of Johann Christian August Heinroth, who coined the term 'psychosomatic'
fhFTZJK.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ivory Finest (24/58)
Cella Crema da Barba
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/Triad Pineapple Brass
Wilkinson London Bridge (7)
Guerlain Habit Rouge aftershave
LEojec6.jpg

Last edited:
PS-Turkish Bar Soap
Brush-Jagger Badger
Blade-Feather Pro/Rapira
Soap-Arco
Razor-Gilette Fatboy/Aristocrat*
AS-Myrsol
AAS-4711

*Delved into the boxes and brought out this pair so decided to try both. The Fatboy with a Feather blade performed well on the 4 day growth and finished off with the Aristocrat Rapira combination. Hadn’t used the Aristocrat for years and I must say the Rapira blades are very impressive.

Monday 17th January

Soap • Tabac
Brush • Yaqi Mokka Express Synthetic
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3 - Standard
Blade • Proshave S (3)
Post • Tabac Aftershave
Scent • Aramis Tobacco Reserve EdP

Loading from a wider pot is so much easier than with the Tabac one, which however one tries, the clanging of brush handle against the sides is inevitable.
Proshave blade still cutting smoothly three shaves in.

last night's shave and at Zen with an episode of tales by the sink themed 'Giant Bradley II (The return of)'

20220116_170806.jpg

20220116_171243.jpg

A giant step for mankind - Ikon B1
Fee Fi Fo Fum - Polsilver Lodz
BFG - Yaqi Dandelion
Another Big Fucking Giant - Signature Soaps Wicstun
Hey you, you big twat - Banana Republic Neroli Woods

Keep it short and simple. Another day out with the new Wicstun from Signature Soaps and yet another great performance equalled by the other bits and pieces used to towards the end result of 'yes, indeed, that was another wonderful shave which ticked all the right boxes'. the Neroli scent to give that sense of tropical days while mid-winter in Liverpool.

'A tropical island holiday where?' you said 'Bikini Atoll?'

Seems some time you had a dose of those Beaver girls, so you can have a whole week of them starting with a live performance of S'il vous plait

Gillette #58 | Super Iridium | ShedEleven Turnhouse Dark Beech Finest | P&B Spitfire | Trumper’s Spanish Leather Skin Food & Cologne

6D062C77-1FAD-47EB-B708-93D89D967428.jpeg

I don’t normally shave every day but when the Spitfire landed and I took a sniff of the tub, I simply had to spin it up. What a scent with performance to match - should’ve got the splash too but that’s an easy enough issue to correct. Tallyho! Chocks away, chaps!

Back
Top Bottom