SOTD : Saturday 15th May to Friday 21st May 2021.

@Greybeard , if you're alluding to Bill Cosby, that's actually Redd Foxx in the gif, from "Sandford & Son", which was the American remake of Steptoe & Son.
Unless @Bogeyman has a chequered past with which I'm not familiar :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Er...well actually I did of course realise that and was actually referring to Mr Foxx being charged with impersonating both a convicted sex offender and British sitcom legend simultaneously, whilst wearing a loud cardigan in a built up area. :unsure::rolleyes::oops:

Monday

Arko
Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo 24mm synth
Face lather
Gillette Old
Gillette Silver Blue
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
OSP Neroli Tonic

I’d been forgetting about the humble Arko soap and thought I’d revisit a ramekin of it that I grated a while back. It’s lost most of its scent (small mercies, I hear some say; personally I like the Neroli honk it gives), but gave a lovely lather to protect me from the Old.

What was missing Neroli-wise was enhanced by @James Riley ’s excellent tonic.

D4D79EA6-80D6-4DA7-998C-BF4FD186E4CC.jpeg

Shave from this morning

Razor- Schick Krona
Blade- Silver Blue (2 or 3)
Brush- EJ STF
Soap-Ach Brito Mogno + Stirling Frost Drops
Post- Speick ASL, Lea 3 in 1 balm

Needed some help waking up today, so out came the Mogno paired with the Stirling Frost Drops. I overdid it a little with the menthol but it felt good to me ;-) Great lather from the Mogno as always.
I love the Krona It shaves extremely pleasantly and it's built like a tank- I should know, as I carelessly dropped it today and it didn't seem to care whatsoever :cool:
IMG_1840.jpg

Shave from this morning

Razor- Schick Krona
Blade- Silver Blue (2 or 3)
Brush- EJ STF
Soap-Ach Brito Mogno + Stirling Frost Drops
Post- Speick ASL, Lea 3 in 1 balm

Needed some help waking up today, so out came the Mogno paired with the Stirling Frost Drops. I overdid it a little with the menthol but it felt good to me ;-) Great lather from the Mogno as always.
I love the Krona It shaves extremely pleasantly and it's built like a tank- I should know, as I carelessly dropped it today and it didn't seem to care whatsoever :cool:
View attachment 70016
Is that Ach Brito in a Tin ?

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Monday 17th May 2021

Shave Score 9.7/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso - Green Rinfrescante - Menthol
Soap: Moon Soaps - Amaretto
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 SB
Blade: Gillette Winner (1)
Post Shave ASL: Speick
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1 - Menthol
Post Shave Cologne: John Vavartos - Artisan Pure

A lovely FFS :)

Have a great day all.

Joe

7D87C788-3B60-4C3E-B69A-9EFCF3A04623.jpeg

Monday AM 2021-05-17
National Graduation Tassel Day
SkTlGgc.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest (24/54)
Floris Elite shaving cream (vintage)
LASSC BBS-1
Wilkinson London Bridge (7)
Floris Elite aftershave (vintage)

wBOd52V.jpg

IMG_20210517_1726S.jpg

In a moment of recklessness, I pushed the boat out and bought some Martin De Candre soap. That small jar you see there, cost £25! BUT it’s most definitely worth it for the lovely citrus scent, which is my favourite of all and for the amazing lather it produces.

The soap is filled to the very brim of that small jar, but with merely a few swipes with my brush the lather was flowing, and top quality lather it was. I can seen now why it’s so expensive, it delivers and will last for ages. The larger sized jar is £55 and I will be buying it when this is finishes. To match the soap, I had another lime shave with Bart’s balm and the Trumper’s.

The 1960s Gillette Tech worked very well with a Gillette Wilkinson’s Sword on the second use, although after the shave I had to finish off a missed patch on the jawline. Still that was user error, not the kit!

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Gillette Tech 1960s
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson’s Sword (2)
Soap: Martin De Candre Argumes
Brush: Simpsons The Duke 3 BB
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Bart’s Lime Balm and Trumper’s Limes
Bowl: Face lather

SoTd
Just got finished with another absolutely beautiful shave with my little AOS TI..really enjoying it ! I used the Loccitane Cade hard soap for the first time with a straight and also the first time bowl lathering with it, although it might not be up there with the very best I still find it to be a very good soap and it certainly performed fine with the straight, yes I have better soaps for straight shaving but it was certainly usable ! Finished of with the new nivea balm I just picked up today..very nice feeling super smooth and refreshed
0A4BBA70-00F3-4EE7-A312-F1F2C345AB9B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom