SOTD: Saturday 16th February - Friday 22nd February 2019.

Thursday 21st February

YaqI 24mm Finest
Squadron Red Lead
Ikon 102/PermaSharp + Ikon 101 GSB
L'oreal Birch Sap Balm

PermaSharp blade tugging on first pass, so went with the 101 for second pass, as it was at hand - same poor performance.
Not a comfortable shave, neither a good finish as a result.
Lesson learned . . . Don't push GSB or PermaSharp beyond three uses in future.

Date: 22 February 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #13
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

t9411.gif
6 more days to go for the whole month of Arko February shave, man! this smelly urinal cake is driving me bloody NUTS!!

Last edited:
OsHKlsT.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:rolleyes:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Taylor Witness Sheffield Full Hollow 15/16th
Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Late Evening Full Moon Shave with My Taylor Sheffield 15/16th..She Sports a Superbly Keen & Comfortable Escher Thuri 16 K Edge..I Had a Very Close Smooth & Comfortable Shave this Evening with this Big Sparkling Sheffield Blade..:p

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:cool:

Billy

SOTD 210219

View attachment 41522

Brush: Black Anvil Custom 24mm High Mountain White
Razor: Gieson & Forsthoff Solingen Timor Blue Steel 6/8
Soap: Old Spice

The brush is superb for face lathering. The cloud soft tips provide a special experience.
I keep turning to this razor as it is my favourite (at the moment
wink.gif
) of my humble collection. It holds a perfect super sharp edge.

Its been a while since I had a bit of old spice and I have realised I must use it more often. I love the lingering old school scent and it is a good performer on top of being cheap as chips.

Enjoy your shaves.
smile.gif
8hWiYgQ.jpg
Nice Shavers those Timor Solingen 6/8th Wayne...Very Thin Grind...I Treasure Mine...:cool:

Billy

Thur 21st Feb

Jayaruh No67 Syn
P & B Spitfire
ATT SE1 & Windrose Handle
Schick Profile [ 11 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

Whilst I enjoy Shaving with other AC/SE razors, the ATT SE1 is the one that seems to suit me best. I have a Strong beard and need to Shave daily and with the ATT1 I get smooth and comfortable Shaves with a great close finish. I am quite amazed at how well the shave has lasted through the Day with a blade on its 11th outing.
My write up a tad late as we went to London and back , I do not envy those who do that as a Daily commute just glad that my journeys to work were never more than 25mins.

IMG_0828.jpg

Friday 22nd February

RSC Facial Scrub
Clubman Shave Butter (preshave)
Lea Shaving Stick (Tallow)
Vie-Long with an AP Shave Faux Horse Brush
Ever-Ready 1912 (England) with a GEM SS Blade
Alum and Rinse
Simple Facial Toner
Dove Nourishing Lotion
Gotas Frescas Agua de Colonia Concentrada

I had a walk at lunchtime yesterday and Spring was most definitely in the air. Looking outside at the foggy conditions this morning.......I am not so sure. Went for a light citrus themed shave anyway.
A lovely shave in 3 passes:)

Back
Top Bottom