SOTD: Saturday 17 February - Friday 23 February 2024.

oq64y3x.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Special Edition 2013 Olive Wood Silvertip Badger
Soap: Calani Oriental Plum (Gut-Razert Forum Edition)
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Aramis Tuscany Per Uomo EdT

I acquired this soap at about the same time as some I Coloniali. I find the two soaps very similar - the pucks are about the same size and consistency, as is the performance. I give the slight edge to the Calani, as I prefer its scent.

18/2/24

Soap - Lea Stick
Brush - Yaqi Mew Brown
Razor - Old Type clone
Blade - Treet 7 Days
Post - Alum
AS - Denim Original

The Treet 7 Days has a good reputation, it'd been ages since I last used one. It seemed very smooth in one of my most mild razors, and even still I managed to bite myself. The alum block was needed a few times to close up the cut! I'm not entirely sure why but I seem to get more cuts and weepers with Treet blades than any other brand. Good shave today though, I'll give this blade a few more goes before I decide whether I want to get any more.

Have a good Sunday gents.

IMG_20240218_165807.jpg

The soap contains lanolin, so also qualifies for Fat February ...
Well observed, sir. It has quite the impressive ingredient list, thanks to the good chaps from the Gut Razert Forum.
However, they are somewhat slippery with the term Elaeis guineesis oil, which is simply another name for palm oil.
Nonetheless, very good soap indeed.

Aqua, Elaeis guineensis oil, Stearic Acid, Cococs nucifera oil, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Prunus amygdalus dulcis oil, Lanolin, Glycerin, Parfum, Xanthan gum, Eugenol, Geraniol, Coumarin, Linalool, Limonene.

Once upon a time lived a very naughty man, but a very nicely shaven naughty man. And a very friendly man, despite his scorched earth policy..........

So a new week of SOTD's and a first entry from the house of Satan. And knowing myself well (debatable), probably my only entry for this week (Maybe, possibly, but doubtful). Welcome to my first two shaves duly themed, 'Indecision and indecency'

Saturday

20240217_194442.jpg
Shall it be this razor? - 3ONE6
This blade or that blade? - Feather
Oh I just don't know - Highlander TSR LE 2023
Soap, cream, tart? - Proraso
Moisturiser or plain balmy? - Proraso
Scintillation or scentillations? - Floris Elite

Came across this one, probably while searching something obscure and I really don't know what to write to accompany it. That's Indecisiveness for you. 'Lick my phone'?

Opened up the 3ONE6 to see what blade it was wearing at, saw the word Suneko and thought, 'Sod that one' after the weeperfest of the previous evening. In the blade scrap bin it went. Ah, a Feather, what could be better for this particular razor? Nothing. A perfect match and one phone lickingly superb shave. So much so I licked my mobile in sheer happiness.

Happiness and the long distant shaver

Happiness in a dual alter world

Sunday

20240218_150246.jpg

Indecent razor - Stainless Mongoose
Get your blade off - Kai Titan mild
Brush my bits - Highlander LFC
Cream my bits - Signature Londinium
Moist bits - L'Occitane Cade balm
Smelly bits - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime
'I hate you, I hate you, I hate you.......'

But I didn't hate this shave. Oh no, pure orgasmic, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, Aldious, ahhhhhhhhhh

Once upon a time lived a very naughty man, but a very nicely shaven naughty man. And a very friendly man, despite his scorched earth policy..........

So a new week of SOTD's and a first entry from the house of Satan. And knowing myself well (debatable), probably my only entry for this week (Maybe, possibly, but doubtful). Welcome to my first two shaves duly themed, 'Indecision and indecency'

Saturday

View attachment 117154
Shall it be this razor? - 3ONE6
This blade or that blade? - Feather
Oh I just don't know - Highlander TSR LE 2023
Soap, cream, tart? - Proraso
Moisturiser or plain balmy? - Proraso
Scintillation or scentillations? - Floris Elite

Came across this one, probably while searching something obscure and I really don't know what to write to accompany it. That's Indecisiveness for you. 'Lick my phone'?

Opened up the 3ONE6 to see what blade it was wearing at, saw the word Suneko and thought, 'Sod that one' after the weeperfest of the previous evening. In the blade scrap bin it went. Ah, a Feather, what could be better for this particular razor? Nothing. A perfect match and one phone lickingly superb shave. So much so I licked my mobile in sheer happiness.

Happiness and the long distant shaver

Happiness in a dual alter world

Sunday

View attachment 117155

Indecent razor - Stainless Mongoose
Get your blade off - Kai Titan mild
Brush my bits - Highlander LFC
Cream my bits - Signature Londinium
Moist bits - L'Occitane Cade balm
Smelly bits - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime
'I hate you, I hate you, I hate you.......'

But I didn't hate this shave. Oh no, pure orgasmic, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, Aldious, ahhhhhhhhhh

Are you aware that brush would break your sink if it falls from there?

A superb shave with this Racer blade (third shave) now in the Popular razor. The light, plastic handle is probably the only thing I'm not keen on with this razor as the razor shaves excellently and is a great price.
I love the thick lanolin lather these old Wilkie sticks produce, along with the Radox bath salts scent.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Feather Popular
Blade: Racer Super Class Platinum
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Generic Hand soap
Lather: Wilkinson Sword Shave stick (vintage)
Aftershave: Lider Classic lotion

A superb shave with this Racer blade (third shave) now in the Popular razor. The light, plastic handle is probably the only thing I'm not keen on with this razor as the razor shaves excellently and is a great price.
I love the thick lanolin lather these old Wilkie sticks produce, along with the Radox bath salts scent.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Feather Popular
Blade: Racer Super Class Platinum
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Generic Hand soap
Lather: Wilkinson Sword Shave stick (vintage)
Aftershave: Lider Classic lotion
Are those blades from the clearance sale?

Back
Top Bottom