SOTD : Saturday 17th - Friday 23rd November 2018.

SOTD Thursday 22 November 2018 :)

Pre-shave: Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap, followed by warm water splash.
Soap: Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Club Cola.
Brush: Simpsons The Duke 2 Pure Badger.
Bowl: Face later.
Razor: Muhle Rocca Jet.
Blade: Gilette Silver Blue (Day 5).
Post shave: Myrsol 'Balsamic' water, Aloe Vera Gel and a decent splash of D.R Harris Bay Rum aftershave.

A lovely 2 pass shave - the Gillette Silver Blue beginning to lose some of its sharpness, a DFS+ / BBS - finish today; some weepers, gone after a cold water splash.

The Wickham's Club Cola was devine - great start to the day.

All the best,

Chris

22 November

PreShave: Warm water
Cream: Trumper's Spanish Leather
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Feather (6)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: None—a work day

The cream (Spanish Leather by Trumper) is growing on me. It's a strong (for a shaving cream—gone post-shower) scent, it lathers well and lubricates my face.

I pushed the Feather to a 6th shave this morning, I'll go for 7 tomorrow. But I think I'll call it at that—it might be pushing my luck to go beyond that.

Thursday 22nd November
TABAC THURSDAY
TpNstTG.jpg

Vig Shaving Synth - Tabac - GEM/ER Push Button - GEM SSC #1 - Alum - Tabac A/S - Dove Nourishing Cream

Fresh blade and shaving with one of the three razors I like to use for a fresh blade. The other two are the ER Natural Angles. The next 2 shaves.

B&M Seville ~ RR400 Noir ~ ATT S2 ~ Erbe ~ Thayers

Last shave with the S2, I've come to the conclusion it's a fine razor which performs at it's best with 2-3 days growth... I can and indeed have used it daily which is fine but it can leave your face a little raw after 4 or 5 consecutive days, it seems to me the S1 could be the answer. The RR black synth knot has improved no end over the past couple of weeks, really loosened up so it no longer hogs lather. It's a funny knot in some ways I hate it but it's also quite good at the same time :rolleyes:

Wednesday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver
Brush: 'Papa Chub' (Chubby 3 Manchurian)
Soap: WSP Formula T: Tobacco
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Phoenix & Beau 'Spitfire' Post Shave Lotion
Fragrance: PG02 Cozé

another 'WOW' shave... WSP Formula T, is such an underrated soap, and with the powerhouse fragrance of Phoenix & Beau 'Spitfire' Post Shave Lotion finishing off the shave, I'm in a right good frame of mind... PG02 Cozé is the fragrance of the day, and is quite simply sublime...

Back
Top Bottom