SOTD: Saturday 18 November - Friday 24 November 2023.

fCkkPVG.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Zenith 3-band Machurian Badger
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch (Tallow)
Razor: Merkur Mergress XL (2.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Silver Royal (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Speick Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Floris Elite EdT

I don't post regularly in the SoTD threads these days but I did have an exceptional shave this morning after starting off with a fairly poor one.

Turned this shave around! A raspy and not particularly effective blade in the unbranded razor head that came with an old travel set (also unbranded although there was a Kent comb). Stuck the same blade in my short comb New and it fell into place. Much more efficient and less blade noise and feel. A very close shave with only minor irritation.
I think the pre-shave soap really helps and I'll try aqueous cream as a pre- and/or post-shave step

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Unknown hollow metal travel razor with plastic cream pummel
Blade: Apache Platinum
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Asda Smartprice hand soap (tablet)
Lather: Nanny's Cream of the Croap Moroccan Sands
Aftershave: Puig Brummel aftershave lotion

Last edited:
SOTD Thu 23 Nov

B3763675-31E2-481A-897C-44FE4E73B44B.jpeg
Pre. Imperial Leather face wash
Bowl. Glass
Cream. Proraso Sensitive
Brush. Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic
Razor. Merkur 34C
Blade. Derby Extra (2)
Post. Lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Replenishing ASB, Mastermind Vintage EDT

Great 2 pass and tidy shave tonight. Very close, smooth and comfy. Took my time and enjoyed it thoroughly.

DD540216-4677-44AB-856D-2F7E5CDC489B.jpeg
What?
- That was funny, that pic you put up with the cats and the basket.
I thought so.
- Can I have them?
No.
- Oh.

Could you not just melt the soap and then pour it into the container? You may have to grease the inside - I'm not sure if the soap would stick?

Cheers - I.
Could be a good Shout although i just wonder if it would leak all over the place however once i come back from Angola i will be giving it a go for sure

PXL_20231123_075339327~3.jpg
got a rough last shave with a dorco and thought it was a bad blade. changed to another from the same pack and used a de89 since I didn't want to risk any more irritation. today's shave wasn't close and not as comfortable as I thought it would be either. not sure if it's a bad pack, the de89 is too mild for me or dorcos aren't for me. I don't remember having this experience with them before so not sure what changed.

Razor = 1966 Gillette Slim ( 4 )
Blade = Vintage Sheffield Special ( 1 )
Brush = Simpson’s T3
Soap = 1966 By the Rex Shaving Co
with matching splash & balm.
IMG_0049.jpegThis shave was a straight 10/10
Absolutely superb.
The soap arrived yesterday and what a scent,
Sweet smell of lemon.
I should really take this to Angola to repel the mosquitoes lol
i’m laughing but i’m actually thinking it’s maybe a shout.
I could have used any razor but it had to be a 1966 i mean what else,
Sad i know but that’s me all over.
I would never have bought this soap until i read all the reviews of the 1955 so when this came out i had to have it and now they have the 1977 so i’ll probably get that on my return.
I don’t know what it is with vintage razors & blades it just makes me smile,
like they were made for each other.
3 Passes of wonderful scent.
Anyway the bad news is I’m off to Angola on Saturday,
I can’t tell you all how much i’m dreading it
I’m a feast for Mosquitoes these days and where i’m going is brutal at the moment,
If anyone is getting Malaria it will be me,
Oh the doom lol.
Ok boys & girls enough negativity for one night,
Enjoy your weekend.

Last edited:
I can't quite decide if this is my last shave or not for this week. Depends on how I feel as working from early afternoon through to the early hours tomorrow. So to be somewhat cautionary about it I shall declare, for my final shave for this past week of SOTD's this shave shall be so themed, 'Indecisive'

If another unplanned shave appears I will just have to invent some more rubbish to throw your way.

20231123_085034.jpg

Is it a razor? - Stainless Mongoose
A blade but not as we know it - Kai Titan mild
Brush or not a brush? - Highlander LFC
I think it's a soap - Proraso
Some stuff or other - Collegen
If I was the only girl in the world and you? - Hermes terre

'Shave? Down there?'

Well made up yesterday getting good blood results back and another year of having shaken off my past diabetic status. So happy I could shit. But I did think 'Turd of the day' was not very appropriate so I chose 'Shave of the day' instead.

A very happy shave with the Mongoose/Titan providing the sharp end of the story and the Highlander/Proraso the blunt end of it all. A story which resulted in one very refreshed and happy me. I wouldn't have it any other way, and neither would the shower room sink.

Wishing you all a happy weekend ahead and just say, 'I love you all'

I must have gone through the Puffyshoes catalogue several times over by now, but not to be deturd..........

Back
Top Bottom