SOTD: Saturday 2 December - Friday 8 December 2023.

SOTD Thu 7 Dec 2023

Think the Irn-Bru towel will return next time as SWMBO has been muttering about ‘that manky old thing’ although it is unclear if she was referring to the Disney towel, the dog or my good self!
40830B63-B308-49CC-A1C9-14506AFE29F5.jpeg
Prep - shower, Imperial Leather face wash
Creamy elements - glass bowl with Proraso Red and Yaqi 24mm synthetic brush
Metal bits - Merkur 38c razor with Shark SS blade (4)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold water rinse, alum block, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Replenishing ASB, Mastermind Vintage EDT
Refreshment - mug of tea. Damn, it’s gone cold, have to make a fresh pot. If only I had a useful dog who could brew tea!
064366B0-9573-4FA9-A721-7BBAC40D36D5.jpeg
Sorry, you spoke Master?
No, Miss sarcastic, it’s all right, I know you don’t have opposable thumbs.
I Don’t have thumbs at all actually.
Really, you’ll be telling me next you can’t talk!
Woof!

SOTD
20231207_134742-01.jpeg
Brush: C&H 'Eyespot' V18
Soap: NO Ace
Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: Wizamet

Decent shave this morning, lovely smooth finish. Picked up the last card in the NO series, I skipped Queen and King, neither of which appealed to me. Based on the notes for this it should lean into my taste with the leather and tobacco, but but I'm not 100% sold. It's not bad at all, but considering the backlog I'm taking the route that if it immediately appeals then it's a keeper, if I have to think too much then it might have to make space.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Friday 8th December
GEM Junior - GEM Stainless #10 - RazoRock Plissoft - Haslinger Honig - Blue Stratos - Aloe Vera Gel
1000016840-01.jpg

SOTD: 08/12/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 3rd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Martin De Candre Original Puck
Balm: Nishman 2in1 Cream And Cologne Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

As usual with the MdC a nice, smooth lather and a comfortable shave in three passes. Enjoy your day!

8 December

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Plisson synthetic
Rex Ambassador
Personna med prep

F8016FDE-7031-493F-BA5E-96CC664578EC.jpeg
Blade changed from yesterday due to an accident during cleaning the razor. I dropped the blade into the sink! The med prep works well enough, although I might try it on setting 2 tomorrow. I used the lather as a post shave this morning and it’s feeling good.

08/12/23
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - OSP Old Gold
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - OSP Spice Road
Wk 49 (7).jpg
A crackin shave with the ever dependable General.
Enjoy your day all.

First try of the Blackland Dart, the last of the razors lent to me by Mike Smart.
I like the build and aesthetics of this razor. It has a reassuring weight and good balance, and an excellent finish.
For me, though, this was too much for my sensitive skin. Even with a gentle approach my skin feels like it's sunburnt. I got quite a close shave for the effort I put in but didn't try hard to get any closer.
It's unlikely I'll be trying this razor again. If a Polsilver SI feels uncomfortable for me in this razor I dread to think what a lesser blade would do to my poor fizzog.

Rating: 2.5 / 5

Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium Modern
Brush: Men U Boar
Pre-Shave: Generic Hand soap
Lather: Wilkinson Sword Shave stick (vintage)

Back
Top Bottom